Extra fields

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
can't wait to try it on 1.8!
13 years ago
SonicImaging wrote:
I have the value spec updated for v1.8 with a few extra features added.   Ill finish writing up the docs and email it to Nop so they can post it at some point tomorrow.

Ive updated it to support the following...

1) Value - Any value
2) Image - Url to a image to display
3) File - Links to a file,   shows a icon based on the extension
4) Html - just good ol html

Thanks
-Keith

Hi Keith:
One suggestion:
5)Date
6)Number
If it is too complicated, then just validate that they are entered as such and then transform them to a general format

You have done en exelent work!! Thank you
13 years ago
Here ya go,  I tossed it up on my site so you guys could get going with it.  Send me any feedback for improvements / suggestions and ill work on them

ProductSpecMod For 180 - http://www.sonicimaging.com/nop/ProductSpecValueMod_180_v1.zip

I have some other cool stuff I am getting ready to make available soon after the nop 1.9 release.   some will be free and some will have a nominal fee.

Thanks
-Keith

P.S.   Brian @ Edcor helped me work out the additional fields.  Here is how he's using it.  EdCor Product
13 years ago
Sure I can add those.    I want to work on replacing the text field in the spec list to a button so that can trigger a proper editor for the type of value your dealing with

Such as a open file for the image and Url,  then the Html editor for the Html field.  Same as with a date the date picker

eadameg wrote:
I have the value spec updated for v1.8 with a few extra features added.   Ill finish writing up the docs and email it to Nop so they can post it at some point tomorrow.

1) Value - Any value

Thanks
-Keith

Hi Keith:
One suggestion:
5)Date
6)Number
If it is too complicated, then just validate that they are entered as such and then transform them to a general format

13 years ago
Is there a chance filtering will be introduced anytime soon?

Thanks,
Bryan
13 years ago
Ive looked at that since it would be very useful to be able to do things like,  < >  for things like weight, size, watts etc..

What kind of products are you using it for?

Not sure if these updates will be in 1.8 or 1.9 depends on how complex they are but def trying to get them in when 1.9 is released

sternyy wrote:
Is there a chance filtering will be introduced anytime soon?

Thanks,
Bryan
13 years ago
SonicImaging wrote:
Ive looked at that since it would be very useful to be able to do things like,  < >  for things like weight, size, watts etc..

Not sure if these updates will be in 1.8 or 1.9 depends on how complex they are but def trying to get them in when 1.9 is released

I guess it would depend if a Value can only be numeric. We would like to filter things like warranty, size, manufacturer (brand), and other small values (for medical products). Most do not need to be filterable, but a few should be.

I do not need a image, link or custom html (unless the value only can be numeric) to be filtered.

Example: http://www.thedoctorstore.com/category/62-autoclaves-and-sterilizers.aspx

With this site, it is a pain to have every product spec listed for warranty and for other items like chamber size or Manufacturer to be listed in the product spec drop down list. Having to type each manfacturer / warranty / misc spec before hand would be crazy. That's why I thought if it could just be a value that i type on the product page without hacing to select it from a drop down would be much faster and easier.

Having a <> would be great, but not required for filtering. Simply listing all the values for all the products is fine. On my end, I just have to make sure they are typed the same way. It still makes it faster then pre-formating all the specs...
13 years ago
sternyy wrote:

I guess it would depend if a Value can only be numeric. We would like to filter things like warranty, size, manufacturer (brand), and other small values (for medical products). Most do not need to be filterable, but a few should be.

I do not need a image, link or custom html (unless the value only can be numeric) to be filtered.

Example: http://www.thedoctorstore.com/category/62-autoclaves-and-sterilizers.aspx

With this site, it is a pain to have every product spec listed for warranty and for other items like chamber size or Manufacturer to be listed in the product spec drop down list. Having to type each manfacturer / warranty / misc spec before hand would be crazy. That's why I thought if it could just be a value that i type on the product page without hacing to select it from a drop down would be much faster and easier.

Having a <> would be great, but not required for filtering. Simply listing all the values for all the products is fine. On my end, I just have to make sure they are typed the same way. It still makes it faster then pre-formating all the specs...

I understand that in each category you can already include filtering aby sapcification attributes. You can select which can be used for filtering (administration>> catalog>>products>>manage products>>edit product>>product spacifications)
13 years ago
SonicImaging wrote:
Sure I can add those.    I want to work on replacing the text field in the spec list to a button so that can trigger a proper editor for the type of value your dealing with

Such as a open file for the image and Url,  then the Html editor for the Html field.  Same as with a date the date picker

1) Value - Any value

Thanks
-Keith

Hi Keith:
One suggestion:
5)Date
6)Number

That would be GREAT!!!!
Thanks!!!
13 years ago
In the instructions for this extension it says you have to turn off filtering for any specs using it. AFAIK you can only filter the default specs, not the specs created with this extension.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.