nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
JonQuick wrote:
@Mick  re: MySQL setup -

I think I had the same error trying to connect with the  mySQL 'root' account in the connection string.

Using the 'admin' account mySQL prompts you to create when installing was more successful. (I called mine 'mysqlAdmin')

my connectionstring on local dev machine with mySQL installed locally is:

server=localhost;database=<DATABASENAME>;allowuservariables=True;user id=mysqlAdmin;password=<PASSWORD_FOR_mysqlAdmin_ACCOUNT>

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thank you.
It is successfully installed in my machine.

This parameter is a magic:
allowuservariables=True;

Mick,
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Dear nopCommerce community!

The official release of nopCommerce 4.30 will take place in two weeks. Before that, we invite everyone to join testing of nopCommerce 4.30 Release Candidate (RC), share the feedback and suggestions. We’re incredibly grateful to all the users who have been trying out the BETA version of nopCommerce 4.30 and have been giving us feedback every step of the way.

This version has many new features to look forward to and we can't wait to hear what you think of it. Here are the main changes in the upcoming version:
•  Significant performance enhancement. We revised nopCommerce caching system and moved away from Entity Framework. And now we can say that this new upcoming release will be the fastest version of nopCommerce ever!
•  Upgrade to .NET Core 3.1. We always use the cutting-edge and latest technologies. Due to this, nopCommerce 4.30 will have higher performance and security level.
•  MySQL support. You can use nopCommerce with MySQL. One of the most demanded features is now available out of the box.
•  Facebook Pixel. Use the Facebook pixel plugin to track your website visitors' actions, optimize ads, build targeted audiences, and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.

You can find the full release notes here.

In order to download nopCommerce 4.30 RC please use the following links:
RC 4.30 - Source code (download this package if you are a web developer planning to customize nopCommerce.)
RC 4.30 - No source code (download this package if you want to quickly deploy your site to a web server.)
Upgrade script from 4.20 (download this package to upgrade an existing installation to a newer version)

We'd love if developers could get involved with testing to find any issues which will need fixing before the final release. Please share your thought after testing in this forum topic. Please also learn more about our testing program here (earn $10 for each reported bug). Thank you!

I found it more faster than previous version.

Mick,
3 years ago
loja9 wrote:
...When i create a discount, Applied to products, the nopcommerce 4.3, It does not save the products that I select for the discount.
And the discount is not applied in this way...

I cannot reproduce the issue. Everything works fine as expected
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...When i create a discount, Applied to products, the nopcommerce 4.3, It does not save the products that I select for the discount.

I think, I don't have the latest files.
I will update and test again.
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...I've not found out why but  in a test between Beta and RC doing the same task this is what I got...
Could you please re-download the package and try one more time? Please share your results

Tried that but no change.
In the RC version the time from clicking a product in category to viewing the product detail is about 11 seconds. In my Beta version this is taking less than 1 second.
In admin switching from Category to Product takes about 10 seconds in RC and under 2 seconds in Beta
3 years ago
Hi

We have developed the Payment Gateway plugin for Nopcommerce 4.2 and the uptake has been pretty good for this plugin.

We have updated the plugin for Nopcommerce 4.3 but have picked up the following bug with Nopcommerce 4.3 RC.

The updated plugin installs successfully in Nopcommerce 4.3, but when you check out and get redirected to the payment gateway you get the following error message:

Synchronous operations are disallowed. Call WriteAsync or set AllowSynchronousIO to true instead.

The only way to fix this is to add some additional code in the startup.cs file located in the source code version under Presentation/Nop.Web folder.

The additional code is as follows:

using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core;

and

services.Configure<IISServerOptions>(options =>
            {
                options.AllowSynchronousIO = true;
            });
        }

The full Startup.cs code then looks like below:

using Autofac;
using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder;
using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting;
using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core;
using Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration;
using Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection;
using Nop.Core.Configuration;
using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;
using Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions;

namespace Nop.Web
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Represents startup class of application
    /// </summary>
    public class Startup
    {
        #region Fields

private readonly IConfiguration _configuration;
        private readonly IWebHostEnvironment _webHostEnvironment;
        private IEngine _engine;
        private NopConfig _nopConfig;

#endregion

#region Ctor

public Startup(IConfiguration configuration, IWebHostEnvironment webHostEnvironment)
        {
            _configuration = configuration;
            _webHostEnvironment = webHostEnvironment;
        }

#endregion

/// <summary>
        /// Add services to the application and configure service provider
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="services">Collection of service descriptors</param>
        public void ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
        {
            (_engine, _nopConfig) = services.ConfigureApplicationServices(_configuration, _webHostEnvironment);
            //Patch for allowing synchronous method required by some Payment Gateways
            services.Configure<IISServerOptions>(options =>
            {
                options.AllowSynchronousIO = true;
            });
        }

public void ConfigureContainer(ContainerBuilder builder)
        {
            _engine.RegisterDependencies(builder, _nopConfig);
        }

/// <summary>
        /// Configure the application HTTP request pipeline
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="application">Builder for configuring an application's request pipeline</param>
        public void Configure(IApplicationBuilder application)
        {
            application.ConfigureRequestPipeline();

application.StartEngine();
        }
    }
}

Is it possible for this to be included in the final Source and no source version of Nopcommerce 4.3, otherwise we will not be able to provide this plugin to customers.

Trusting for a positive response as I am sure there will be other Payment gateway plugins also affected if this change is not implemented.

regards

Philip
3 years ago
@pjhenning

You can try to override for your request:
var feature = HttpContext.Features.Get<IHttpBodyControlFeature>();
if (feature != null)
    feature.AllowSynchronousIO = true;

(However, you may want to instead see if you can do what your trying to do asynchronously ;)
3 years ago
loja9 wrote:

I think, I don't have the latest files.
I will update and test again.

Confirm. All it's right with RC version. The discount woks very well.
Thanks.
3 years ago
Hi there

Looking forward to 4.3

Testing back in stock notifications, which I recently enabled in a store. They don't work, and when I stepped through the code I saw that ProductService.cs's AdjustInventory had a commented out section. Note - this in 4.2 code

So my first action was to see how this is the RC for 4.30 and see a commit [7eb08c2 - Remove some expired TODOs] which simply removes the commented out code.

So, the only place that seems to send email notifications is the ProductController via UI changes.

I.e. any integration layer on top of nopCommerce will  not trigger actions via ProductService.AdjustInventory

Doesn't seem right to me
3 years ago
do you have an installation manual for 4.3 on linux with mysql
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.