Message queue not sending

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
If I'm correct:

nopCommerce creates threads, one of them is for sending queued emails. So if the program adds a new record in the Nop_QueuedEmail table (with sendtries = 0 ) It gets send by the threat running on a time interval (one minute)

You don't need to create a job on the SQL server. You do need some rights on the hosting server. See answer above with link to

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7912/queued-emails-and-nopcommerce-190-under-medium-trust-bug-fix.aspx
12 years ago
DonPasquale wrote:
If I'm correct:

nopCommerce creates threads, one of them is for sending queued emails. So if the program adds a new record in the Nop_QueuedEmail table (with sendtries = 0 ) It gets send by the threat running on a time interval (one minute)

You don't need to create a job on the SQL server. You do need some rights on the hosting server. See answer above with link to

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7912/queued-emails-and-nopcommerce-190-under-medium-trust-bug-fix.aspx

All right, thanks for the response, fortunately  have full trust support on my hosting provider, so it works without problems.
12 years ago
I put my email thread in its own setting of 20 seconds and it has not been a problem - something in that 60 second pool is causing a delay or hanging.

<Thread seconds="20">
        <task name="Emails" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" maxTries="5"/>
      </Thread>
12 years ago
I am using version 2.3 and my mail in the QueuedEmail table do not get sent. I can send a Test Email but when customers register the emails do not get sent.

Is this a problem from my hosting (winhost) or a problem from nopcommerce. I have been looking at all settings and everythin looks OK.

Please help!

Sergio
12 years ago
Following instructions from my hostcompany winhost I changed my web.config.file and inserted :

<trust level="Full">
It did not work so I removed the line from my code.

Then I registered a new customer and the SentTries (in QueuedEmail) stayed in 0.

Now another problem the field SentTries value keep showing 0 so I guess it is not trying to send emails to register users.

Please help. I have been having this problem for couple of weeks and I do not know what to do.

I am using 2.3 version with a basic winhost hosting.

Sergio
12 years ago
same p over here can not send mail from q
who can help up ?
12 years ago
Trying doing above - putting the email thread in its own timer. I saw that group of 60 seconds got hung
12 years ago
i cannot find this xml in my app , i am using version 2.3
do you know where i need to add this xml
as it look like it is not exists  by default

<Thread seconds="20">
        <task name="Emails" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" maxTries="5"/>
      </Thread>

thanks in advance
arik
12 years ago
I am having same problem.

nopCommerce versionnopCommerce version:   2.30
Operating systemOperating system:   Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
ASP.NET infoASP.NET info:   v4.0.30319
Is full trust levelIs full trust level:   True
Server time zoneServer time zone:   Pacific Standard Time
Server local timeServer local time:   Friday, December 16, 2011 5:46:51 AM
Greenwich mean time (GMT/UTC)Greenwich mean time (GMT/UTC):   Friday, December 16, 2011 1:46:51 PM
12 years ago
I am using NoP 2.30 forgot to mention that.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.