Message queue not sending

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
arik.yohai wrote:
i cannot find this xml in my app , i am using version 2.3
do you know where i need to add this xml
as it look like it is not exists  by default

<Thread seconds="20">
        <task name="Emails" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" maxTries="5"/>
      </Thread>

thanks in advance
arik

Where this code go within the web.config file? I am using 2.3 version. Still have not solve the problem.
12 years ago
I would like to know too for 2.30
12 years ago
Hmm...I am running 2.3 as well. I just setup a new store. Initially, I had the mail settings wrong. During this time, lots of mail got stuck in the queue. Then I fixed the email settings. I can send the test email. Contact form and order emails are now being sent... BUT THAT DAMN QUEUE ;), it's still full of the old emails.

How do you make the queued emails, that previously failed, send once you have the email settings right? I click the "Requeue" button, but it doesn't really do anything. Most of the emails have 3 failed delivery attempts. I made sure the max failed is 10. I've let the app run for hours, while other emails are being sent correctly via orders and contact form, but the queued ones stay queued. I'm running this in full trust. No app errors are reported.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
12 years ago
hi cisfc

it look like you mails are working , most of the post here did not reach to this state
how did you manage to get the q to send mails

can you please ,  update us on the steps you did i order to make the mails to go out from the q  
did you changes some configuration files ..... ?
is it working from you hosts servers , or from the development environment ?
any information will be nice , i can not get the mails to move and this is big holdback to my store

10x
Arik
12 years ago
Well, FYI, those emails have been sent now :)  I'm pretty sure this happened because I hit the "Requeue" button, as they had been sitting there for hours before. So when you hit "Requeue", and mail settings are correct, the mail gets sent. However, for whatever reason, the original "failed" email stays in the queue. So to someone only looking in the admin area, it will look like they never got sent. But if you look in the database, you will see it copies the email data into a new row, and it should have a datetime stamp entered for the "SentOnUtc" field if it worked. So after this, you can manually delete them all from the queue.
12 years ago
Hey,

You can also look at the QueuedEmail table, and delete/alter the records.

Regards,
Don

Ah! You found it. :-)

12 years ago
@arik

As for fixing the email, I think I had a different issue than you guys. My email settings were completely wrong...I had entered the wrong SMTP host name, so it was bombing over and over. Once I fixed it, all NEW emails were sent. To send the queued ones, I opened each one, and clicked "Requeue". Then after I found out they had been sent, I deleted them from the queue, because they were still showing there.
12 years ago
To fix the message queue

Go to the [ScheduleTask] table.

It would look like this:

ID     Name             Secs       Type                                                                                             Enable  Stop on Error

1  Send emails 60 Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessages Send Task, Nop.Services  True      False

Change 60 secs  to 20 secs that seems to work.

After that change in about 5 mins all of your que messages will be sent all at once.

Then feature emails will be sent with in 1 min.

For some odd reason (60) secs makes it stick.

I found the easiest way to update the database is to pull up Nop using Web Matrix
add a live database that you are using as a connection.

Then go to Databases

Then go to tables

then change 60 to 20  and thats it.

Make sure that the icon at top "Data" is clicked.
12 years ago
That is interesting, thank you for sharing! It's kind of bizarre, but maybe there is a glitch somewhere with the timer code.
12 years ago
kbdavis07

THANKS  , the mails start to send
in my system the table was empty !!!!

here is the sql in order to update the table

INSERT INTO [PUT YOUR DB NAME ].[dbo].[ScheduleTask]
           ([Name]
           ,[Seconds]
           ,[Type]
           ,[Enabled]
           ,[StopOnError])
     VALUES
           ('Send emails',20,'Nop.Services.Messages.QueuedMessages Send Task, Nop.Services',1,0)
GO
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.