nopCommerce 2.10 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Automated shopping cart migration  ...For quickly estimate our data migration cost.
12 years ago
mcselasvegas wrote:
Category Sorting takes the first category found for OrderBy, whereas it should take the currently selected categoryId for OrderBy

Here is my FIX...

Thanks a lot!
12 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I have been in development of ecommerce cart from scratch for a company as a product.From my experience i feel if we make the CMS part in nop commerce bit more better it will make the nopcommerce more versatile.

I have seen users wants to manage content and store together many times.

NOP at present only allows to create the pages like the older carts  for example oscommerce etc.If it also allows to position the pages content in cart at different positions will make it better.We can create content groups which can be set a different place.So user can have mini CMS with the cart to manage the site.USing this users dont have to look seperate CMS and rest store,forum and blog nopcommerce have.

second : i would like to ask and suggest :

why nopcommerce team is reluctant to issue free developer manual.Going through that a less experienced programmer can make the design and functionality changes.

More :

Offline Phone orders form in admin will make it more better.

I will be adding more after going through the demo.I was working on nop 1.9 but feels 2.1 as more improved and faster.

Support for digital products.there should be available link for product download.The link should be unique and cannot be emailed or shared for protection.The link can be disabled after number of downloads.It can be enabled from admin on customer request.

Hope these suggestions will make nop more better

If you find these suggestion any worth plz comment.

regards,
Sunny
12 years ago
poweract wrote:
I have been in development of ecommerce cart from scratch for a company as a product.From my experience i feel if we make the CMS part in nop commerce bit more better it will make the nopcommerce more versatile.

nopCommerce 2.10 introduced widgets support. It allows developers to get much more control over content.

poweract wrote:
why nopcommerce team is reluctant to issue free developer manual.Going through that a less experienced programmer can make the design and functionality changes.

There's still no documentation for developers. It requires a lot of time to write it. Some of nopCommerce users write some blog posts about nopCommerce customization. And we're a bit busy with other tasks. I understand that it's important. But we can't do everything.

poweract wrote:
Offline Phone orders form in admin will make it more better.

This option was added to nopCommerce long time ago. Admin area > Customer details page > 'Place order' tab.
12 years ago
I'm actually looking into creating some generated documentation for the project, I'll update here if it turns out useable.
12 years ago
Quite a thread... Stopped reading somewhere in the middle.

I have to agree, as a novice programmer... a documentation library would be quite beneficial.  

A wiki would do this project a world of good, and assuming the community actually participates, a wiki will largely grow itself.
With 2.0 out and MVC voiding a lot of the forum data, now may be the best time to implement a Wiki.  As things are discussed in the forums and solutions are created by the community and nop team, articles can be created.  

Are there opportunities to make the community able to assist the core team, more / better / easier?

An Open Source product I've used for years with an amazingly extensive wiki and very active community.
http://www.opennms.org/wiki/Main_Page
12 years ago
is mobile support still on, for 2.2 release?
12 years ago
violabg wrote:
is mobile support still on, for 2.2 release?

Two days ago I found a roadmap of ASP.NET MVC 4. It'll have built-in mobile devices support. That's great! Although we can implement mobile devices support on ASP.NET MVC 3 (a mobile view engine for MVC 3 can be found here), I presume that it'll cause some problems after upgrading to MVC 4. So I can't answer your question right now (still thinking about it)
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Two days ago I found a roadmap of ASP.NET MVC 4. It'll have built-in mobile devices support. That's great! Although we can implement mobile devices support on ASP.NET MVC 3 (a mobile view engine for MVC 3 can be found here), I presume that it'll cause some problems after upgrading to MVC 4. So I can't answer your question right now (still thinking about it)

It is good that MVC4 will have mobile support but it is on the ROADMAP. Who knows when MVC4 is coming out. If we wait for mvc 4 it will delay the mobile support like many other awaited features for nopC.

Please add mobile support in 2.2.

Is it going to be a lot of work to remove mobile support when mvc 4 will be out and nopC will be upgraded to mvc 4 ?
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
Is it going to be a lot of work to remove mobile support when mvc 4 will be out and nopC will be upgraded to mvc 4 ?

I don't know how it'll be implemented in MVC 4. There is no ETA. So I can't answer.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.