Multi Store Support fro Nop 2.2 - 2.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
@Hezyz,

How does MultiStore deal with shipping rate calculation?
e.g.
  Sender's shipping account #, address (zip), etc.
  Does multi-store allow customer to shop/order products across many stores in same cart?
12 years ago
hezyz -

You say, "The idea behind that multi store is to have one store with an option to different vendors to upload and manage their products.  Decided not to enable store managers to manage categories and manufacturer, however there are able to add a product to an existing category or manufacturer."

(1)  I don't see where a store manager may upload and manage products.  When logging in as admin to one of the stores, the only areas available to the store manager is Sales.

(2)  You referenced earlier that someone had checked, "Manage Catalog for Store Managers" in the multi-store administrative area - giving a different option for store managers.  Where is this?  I wanted to check this for a short time in the demo to see the different result.

Thanks very much.
12 years ago
muggzzi wrote:
hezyz -

You say, "The idea behind that multi store is to have one store with an option to different vendors to upload and manage their products.  Decided not to enable store managers to manage categories and manufacturer, however there are able to add a product to an existing category or manufacturer."

(1)  I don't see where a store manager may upload and manage products.  When logging in as admin to one of the stores, the only areas available to the store manager is Sales.

(2)  You referenced earlier that someone had checked, "Manage Catalog for Store Managers" in the multi-store administrative area - giving a different option for store managers.  Where is this?  I wanted to check this for a short time in the demo to see the different result.

Thanks very much.

In admin>configuration>activity control list (ACL)>Admin area. Manage Catalog option  enable store store managers to manage catalog
12 years ago
Eduardo - thanks.  Found it.
12 years ago
I am also interested in knowing more details on MultiStore with Shipping Rate Calculation.

This would be the last piece of the puzzle before fully committing to a complete and fully functional test environment prior to going to live production environment.

Also seems a shame that that MultiStore capability will not be incorporated into "Official" product.  
:-(
12 years ago
hi all
With the holiday and some busy days in work, I did not do much work on the multistore.
I have opened a codeplex project and will upload an updated version in few days. I will use the latest NOP version and will apply all my changes.

I get many requests and I apologize for the delay
12 years ago
hezyz wrote:
I have finished the multi store support.
All NopCommerce changesets from code plex are already in (up to cb018066ee02 from Nov 3 9:25).
Nop version 2.3 (not released yet)

All features are supported part to:
Google checkout (need to be fixed)
Stored Procedures (will be added later) U have to set the stored procedures to false
Gift cards
recruiting products.

all other features are supported.

Orders are being divided by store. customer can order product from several stores in one checkout. an order will be issued for each store and payment will be made for each store.

Branches has been added to stores. (full store page with images, banners and branches)

Other options:
Plugin for Image Slider (I use it for home page categories, however it can be used as regular image slider)
New simple theme  (blue noise)

Demo store
http://demo.online-ex.com  

Admin username and password are open for u guys to try it and help debug it
store sets to 2 currencies, 2 languages (English and Hebrew) , both RTL and LTR
**Not all resources are updated in Hebrew  

Not sure I'm going to update the step by step blog (too much code), however i have comment all new code or code that has been changed.

full solution available for download at http://nopstore.wordpress.com/

Thanks

hezy
12 years ago
hi everyone !
why best selling product not show on home poge ? i seleceted on admin panel "show best selling on home page" but not on home page not show.I ordered same product .on dashboard count of Bestsellers by amount up 11 .in in this case i have more than 5 product.
how mach product must sell for show this product on home page ?
please help
i am sorry for my english.
thanks
12 years ago
Hello,

Hope you are doing well and the community will soon get the update of multistore for upcoming 2.4 version of nop.
I have few suggestions.Hope you like it -
Each store might not need all categories. The super admin can sign specific categories to each store. Then that store will use only those categories while listing the items and also only those will be shown on store home page.

Search items within store will be helpful.

Search for particular store will also be helpful. May be we can refer how ebay does it.Hello,

Hope you are doing well and the community will soon get the update of multistore for upcoming 2.4 version of nop.
I have few suggestions.Hope you like it -
Each store might not need all categories. The super admin can sign specific categories to each store. Then that store will use only those categories while listing the items and also only those will be shown on store home page.

Search items within store will be helpful.

Search for particular store will also be helpful. May be we can refer how ebay does it.
12 years ago
hezyz wrote:
Good contribution and start point for the official multi-store support! Does it support multiple URLs? For example, www.store1.com and www.store2.com with a single database

shouldn't be a problem, add a url field to Store and StoreSettings, use sever variables to identify domain name and set the current store.
Manufacturer and Categories do not have a storeId so u need to add this too

Nice work.  

It appears that categories are common among all the stores at this point, is that correct?

for my personal use i have decided not to include categories and manufacturer as part of the store and made those global for all stores.
Store manager does not have access to categories and manufacturer. In access denied  page, i plan to add a request form that store managers can ask admin to add manufacturer or category. store managers can add a product to an existing manufacturer or category but they cannot add new one.

Hello Hezyz,

Can you please elaborate more on the answer to the question of being able to support multiple URLS with single database. When you are talking about store and store settings I am not really sure where exactly do I have to have to add the url field.
What I am trying to do is I want different stores to have different urls so that if a user wants to goes to a specific url, the user should be prompted for his username and password and then be directed to the specific store depending if the user is a part of a customer group that has access rights to that url.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.