PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
tomphils wrote:
Hi,

i found a solution myself, simply modify some files in Views ShoppingCart.

I wonder if there are any Shops in german language. I could not find any forum in german language so far.

Which version of the code did you update for 2.7?
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:
Hi,

i found a solution myself, simply modify some files in Views ShoppingCart.

I wonder if there are any Shops in german language. I could not find any forum in german language so far.

Which version of the code did you update for 2.7?

according to the description.txt file it was version 2.65 and most files had the timestamp  24.09.2012 so i thought thats was the latest version. I think i got it from codeplex
11 years ago
Check codeplex again, new code was just uploaded last night that allows dynamic updating of shipping options depending on the shipping address of the logged in paypal user.
11 years ago
FYI, we're (finally) in the process of updating Threadrock to 2.8, so I should have the PayPal Express plug-in up and running with 2.8 within the next day or two. I've already made some changes, I just need to finalize my testing and then I'll try to get the new code on the CodePlex page.
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:
FYI, we're (finally) in the process of updating Threadrock to 2.8, so I should have the PayPal Express plug-in up and running with 2.8 within the next day or two. I've already made some changes, I just need to finalize my testing and then I'll try to get the new code on the CodePlex page.

It would be great if you could also upload it to the extensions section
11 years ago
Yes, Andrei, I was definitely planning to do so once I was caught up to the most recent version of nop. Hopefully I'll have it ready to go soon.

Perhaps you guys could then clean up the code and make it a standard extension for version 3.0. Unfortunately, I have a to-do list a mile long or I'd do it myself.
11 years ago
I've just set up a vote on whether Paypal Express or Google Checkout should be included in official release

here
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
It would be great if you could also upload it to the extensions section

Request to upload this as an extension has been made! Everyone, keep your eye on the extensions page for the download!

I will also try to get the newest version uploaded to codeplex now.

UPDATE
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/849/paypal-express-beta.aspx
11 years ago
Threadrock,

First off, thanks for putting together the plugin. It's definitely a much needed addition to nopcommerce.
I'm in the final stages of modifying 2.8 for our needs. A question about source code, i noticed that on your website instant update is working as expected, however, i don't see paypal calling our callback function. It's on a live domain over https with valid ssl certificate.
I added a line to shippingoptions to log whenever it's being called, and it works if i call the url directly. However paypal doesnt seem to ever call the callbqck function. All other aspects of express checkout work fine. Is the code on codeplex and code on your site are the same?

Thanks.
11 years ago
Brizzo,
No problem, glad I could give back.

Are you using the source code from CodePlex or the code that you download from the extensions page?

Things have been hectic lately, so I have not had a chance to update the CodePlex source code to the newest version yet. Currently, that source code is for nop v2.6. If you want the most up to date code (for 2.8) then simply download the PayPal Express plug-in from the Extensions page. That download includes both the source and the dlls.

Hopefully I'll have the latest version of the code updated on CodePlex within the next few days.

Let us know if that was the issue.

-Threadrock
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.