PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Thanks for prompt response.
Regarding code source, i didn't remember if i got it from codeplex or the extensions page. However, i just checked description.txt and it shows 2.8
Is there a way to simulate a call from paypal into live environment?
11 years ago
I know that you said you had SSL installed on the website, but did you enable it in nopCommerce? Also, is the log inside ShippingOptions on the very first line? If not, is there a chance you're running into an exception before the log line?

Off hand, we'd probably need to know a lot more about your setup to try to figure out what may be going wrong. I don't know of any other way to simulate the call back from PayPal and I never really had to worry about it since it always worked for me.

good luck, hopefully we can figure it out.
11 years ago
Just to update everyone, I believe the reason Brizzo was having issues getting the callback to work was because of the issue outlined in the following link:
https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/nvp/instant-update-api-callback-url-only-works-sandbox

"The PayPal server validates the SSL certificate before it will send a request to the callback URI. For validation to succeed, the domain name of the server must match a domain name listed in the certificate. However, PayPal's validation system doesn't support all certificate extensions, such as Subject Alternate Names, which allow a certificate to be used on multiple domains (including subdomains) and are often used by certificate issuers to allow a host to be accessed with or without a "www" prefix. I believe PayPal supports wildcard certificates (where the common name begins with "*.", such as "*.example.com"), though these are usually more expensive. Web searches for Subject Alternative Names and wildcard certificates will turn up more info, if you have any questions about them."
11 years ago
Through a recommendation from Brizzo, I made a change to my code to make sure the PayPal gif uses HTTPS when we're in production mode. Thus, I made the following change to the PaymentInfo method of the 'PaymentPayPalExpressController.cs' file:

[ChildActionOnly]
        public ActionResult PaymentInfo()
        {
            var model = new PaymentInfoModel();
            model.UseHttps = !_paypalExpressPaymentSettings.UseSandbox;
            return View("Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalExpress.Views.PaymentPayPalExpress.PaymentInfo", model);
        }
11 years ago
ThreadRock - You just posted about a code change.  A few minutes ago, I uploaded the PayPalExpress plugin and it took down my site.  Just to be sure... Can you provide specific install instructions?  As it is, I upload zip file to plugins and then extract.  From there it crashed.  I tried moving extracted folders up into Plugins folder, but that didn't work either.

Where does everything need to be?

Thanks.
11 years ago
bawelt wrote:
ThreadRock - You just posted about a code change.  A few minutes ago, I uploaded the PayPalExpress plugin and it took down my site.  Just to be sure... Can you provide specific install instructions?  As it is, I upload zip file to plugins and then extract.  From there it crashed.  I tried moving extracted folders up into Plugins folder, but that didn't work either.

Where does everything need to be?

Thanks.

bawelt, when you say that you uploaded the plug-in, what exactly did you do with it?

Also, are you running version 2.8? Are you using the code version or the no-code version? Finally, did you download it from the codeplex site or from the extensions downloads section of this site?
11 years ago
Running v2.8.
From extensions download page.
Uploaded zip to plugins folder and unzipped.  That crashed site.
Tried moving unzipped folders up to plugins folder.

Finally deleted all.

Error indicated existence of papal express plugin...I think.
11 years ago
The download includes both a folder with the source code and a folder with just the compiled assembly, so you shouldn't just drop the whole unzipped contents into the plug-in folder of your website.

Unzip the file into a temporary folder somewhere else on your harddrive, then copy only the folder that contains the assembly into the plug-ins folder of your site.

I'm not home right now, so off hand I don't remember the exact names of the folders.
11 years ago
No problem - Got it installed and running, but getting error:

"We apologize, but an error has occured.
10002 | Security error | Security header is not valid"

Which we started getting after upgrading Nop from 1.6 to 2.65.  We took PayPal down and we were hoping that v2.8 and this plugin would solve it.

Any ideas?
11 years ago
I downloaded the version, this what happens from the cart page!

We apologize, but an error has occured.
11821 | Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. | Invalid shipping options; you must specify a name and amount for each shipping option type. 11826 | Invalid shipping total. | Invalid shipping total; it should equal the shipping amount of the selected shipping option.

What shiping option are you using, I am using USPS

I will even kick in $$$ for a working version on all shippers!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.