PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
bawelt wrote:
No problem - Got it installed and running, but getting error:

"We apologize, but an error has occured.
10002 | Security error | Security header is not valid"

Which we started getting after upgrading Nop from 1.6 to 2.65.  We took PayPal down and we were hoping that v2.8 and this plugin would solve it.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you may not have it configured properly:
http://netheadaches.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/paypal-api-security-header-is-not-valid-10002/
11 years ago
garethjnic wrote:
I downloaded the version, this what happens from the cart page!

We apologize, but an error has occured.
11821 | Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. | Invalid shipping options; you must specify a name and amount for each shipping option type. 11826 | Invalid shipping total. | Invalid shipping total; it should equal the shipping amount of the selected shipping option.

What shiping option are you using, I am using USPS

I will even kick in $$$ for a working version on all shippers!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Unfortunately, I would need a little more info in order to help you.

I imagine you're testing this in a development environment, so.... As a test, have you tried configuring some very basic shipping options to see if it works? From there you can then attempt to use USPS or some other more advanced option.

In addition, if you have a local debug environment setup, have you tried stepping through the code?

In our case, we're only using the ship by weight and ship by total to calculate our shipping costs and we have not had any issues.
11 years ago
I normally use USPS, in the last few hours I have tried both "By Weight" and "Fixed Rate Shipping"
running the sample DB/ 2.8 , now I get a similar error to other posts.

10002 | Security error | Security header is not valid

sandbox

when I switch to live

11813 | Callback URL is wrong type. | Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS.

Express:
PayPal gateway has rejected request. Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS (#11813: Callback URL is wrong type).

This happens if you have your Express option: Transfer Shipping Options = Yes but do not have an HTTPS address for your website. Magento passes the shipping options over to PayPal so customers can change the shipping of their order while on PayPal’s website. This transfer of information is, quite rightly, only done using HTTPS.

You can either get an SSL certificate so PayPal uses HTTPS or set the Transfer shipping option to No.

If you set the option to no then your customers are redirected back to your website to select the shipping making the checkout process a bit less express.
11 years ago
garethjnic wrote:
I normally use USPS, in the last few hours I have tried both "By Weight" and "Fixed Rate Shipping"
running the sample DB/ 2.8 , now I get a similar error to other posts.

10002 | Security error | Security header is not valid

sandbox

when I switch to live

11813 | Callback URL is wrong type. | Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS.

Express:
PayPal gateway has rejected request. Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS (#11813: Callback URL is wrong type).

This happens if you have your Express option: Transfer Shipping Options = Yes but do not have an HTTPS address for your website. Magento passes the shipping options over to PayPal so customers can change the shipping of their order while on PayPal’s website. This transfer of information is, quite rightly, only done using HTTPS.

You can either get an SSL certificate so PayPal uses HTTPS or set the Transfer shipping option to No.

If you set the option to no then your customers are redirected back to your website to select the shipping making the checkout process a bit less express.

Please refer to the link I posted above for the Security header error message. It looks like you're trying to use your production credentials in the sandbox environment (which requires different credentials).

As for the first error message, PayPal requires a site to use HTTPS in order to use PayPal Express in a production environment.
11 years ago
Plug-in appears to be working now.  Wonderful.

Thanks!
11 years ago
Yes indeed it does work , even with upgrade from 2.6 to 2.8: (took all night) my header issue was white space in the API call to PP.

It works better than it ever has with your standard shipping option as a great improvemnt:

However same issues as before I can;t get any other shipper working the same way as the standard shipping you have:
I use USPS , by would work with weight did you say you had that work?

FYI
Paypal has new REST API, is that something NOP would be better with!

Thanks for the help"
11 years ago
Problem - The PayPal button shows up before shipping is calculated.  Is there  a way to put the paypal button later in the checkout process so that paypal is used to just pay total?
11 years ago
bawelt wrote:
Problem - The PayPal button shows up before shipping is calculated.  Is there  a way to put the paypal button later in the checkout process so that paypal is used to just pay total?

Yes thats what I have working in 2.6, its a work arround at least users can pay with paypal.

I moved the button from the cart to the payment info panel on the one page check out:
going to try on 2.8
11 years ago
garethjnic wrote:

Yes thats what I have working in 2.6, its a work arround at least users can pay with paypal.

I moved the button from the cart to the payment info panel on the one page check out:
going to try on 2.8

bawelt wrote:

That's the whole point of this plug-in. I think you guys are missing the point of the MAJOR advantage that PayPal Express adds for most customers. The majority of customers don't want to have to re-type in their billing address and their shipping address. They just want to log in to their account, hit a submit button and be done with it. Moving the PayPal button to the checkout page, after the address has already been entered, completely defeats the point.

bawelt,
It doesn't matter that the button is before the shipping info is entered because, as long as you have everything setup correctly, once the user logs in to their PayPal account, PayPal will send the address back to your nopCommerce store and your nopCommerce store will then send the necessary shipping options back to PayPal to give to the customer your necessary choices.

garethjnic,
Unfortunately, I've only tested this plug-in with the Shipping by Weight, and the Shipping by Total methods. You'd be better off investing your time walking through the code and finding the reason for the errors you're seeing with the USPS option than wasting your time trying to move the button to the checkout page and losing the major advantage of PayPal Express.

If anyone has used this plug-in with other shipping methods (including USPS) then hopefully you can chime in and help garethjnic.
11 years ago
First of all thank you , I totaly agree the whole point is NOT have users enter there info when its in Paypal, however being a shop owner and (part time) programer it does make users feel better to see that button even if only to check out:
30% of my customers use it even where it is:

I would like nothing more than to have it work with real time shipper like USPS.

****I OFFER $250.00 US and give the code to the project to anyone who codes PAYPAL EXPRESS PLUGIN TO WORK WITH USPS REAL TIME SHIPPER FROM CART PAGE! on 2.8****

Again I can't get anything working other than the standard shipping cost you enter in the admin page of the plugin.

We are Beatles Radio Station free , we sell Beatles Items , any beatles fans wanna HELP!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.