PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
garethjnic,
Unfortunately, I've only tested this plug-in with the Shipping by Weight, and the Shipping by Total methods. You'd be better off investing your time walking through the code and finding the reason for the errors you're seeing with the USPS option than wasting your time trying to move the button to the checkout page and losing the major advantage of PayPal Express.

I agree, did you change any code to get the pugin to work with " Shipping by Weight"
11 years ago
Threadrock,

I just downloaded plugin and successfully installed to my site(nop2.65), everything good except two issues:

1. Tax is based on shipping address, it's not included in total amount
2. We have shipping discount(free shipping over $100), it's not applied to total amount.

Is there anything I did wrong? Thanks in advance.
11 years ago
ryu wrote:
Threadrock,

I just downloaded plugin and successfully installed to my site(nop2.65), everything good except two issues:

2. We have shipping discount(free shipping over $100), it's not applied to total amount.

Can I ask what shipper you are using.
11 years ago
garethjnic, we use fixed shipping rate, only based on shipping address.
11 years ago
garethjnic wrote:
garethjnic,
Unfortunately, I've only tested this plug-in with the Shipping by Weight, and the Shipping by Total methods. You'd be better off investing your time walking through the code and finding the reason for the errors you're seeing with the USPS option than wasting your time trying to move the button to the checkout page and losing the major advantage of PayPal Express.

I agree, did you change any code to get the pugin to work with " Shipping by Weight"

No, the code should work fine as is for the Shipping by Weight.
11 years ago
ryu wrote:
Threadrock,

I've never tested with the free shipping option since nop's current implementation of Free Shipping does not really work for our needs (ie. it offers customers our Expedited Shipping for free too).

In order to implement free shipping, we use the Shipping by Total option. We created a new Shipping option called Free Domestic Shipping, and it only appears for domestic orders that are $75 and over. We've found that this option is more versatile.
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:
garethjnic,

No, the code should work fine as is for the Shipping by Weight.

Very odd I just get a zero value , did a lot of testing I have values for fixed and by weight in shipping method with normal checkout process yet the paypal shipping only show the standard shipping value zero in this case.

Gaz Nick
1 Main St
San Jose, CA 95131
United States

Shipping method: Standard Shipping: $0.00 USD
11 years ago
Are you testing this in the PayPal sandbox or production mode?
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:
Are you testing this in the PayPal sandbox or production mode?

Sandbox, thanks
11 years ago
Does the latest version of this plugin work with nop 2.7? I can't upgrade to 2.8 because they changed the stylesheets yet again and I'm in no mood to update my custom templates yet again (sigh).

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.