PayPal Express. Reasons to add as a standard payment method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Threadrock,

I see there tax rate calculated correct, but it never return to paypal review page to show, please advise.
11 years ago
garethjnic wrote:
Are you testing this in the PayPal sandbox or production mode?

Sandbox, thanks

It really seems like the callback isn't being reached for some reason. You should modify the code to write to the log as soon as it enters the ShippingOptions method of the PaymentPayPalExpressController to see if it gets triggered.

You may want to create some more detailed log entries in there as well to see exactly what's happening.
11 years ago
ryu wrote:
Threadrock,

I see there tax rate calculated correct, but it never return to paypal review page to show, please advise.

Sorry, but without more info I really don't know how I could help. The tax logic works on our site, so I'm unsure what may be going wrong with yours. Where are you seeing the tax rate being correctly calculated?
11 years ago
tremorrs wrote:
Does the latest version of this plugin work with nop 2.7? I can't upgrade to 2.8 because they changed the stylesheets yet again and I'm in no mood to update my custom templates yet again (sigh).

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

I have only tried the plug-in on version 2.8 but I think I have seen comments from other users who have been able to get it working on earlier versions. However, I'm not sure if they made any code changes to get it running.
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:
Does the latest version of this plugin work with nop 2.7? I can't upgrade to 2.8 because they changed the stylesheets yet again and I'm in no mood to update my custom templates yet again (sigh).

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

I have only tried the plug-in on version 2.8 but I think I have seen comments from other users who have been able to get it working on earlier versions. However, I'm not sure if they made any code changes to get it running.

Change the version in the Description.txt
11 years ago
Threadrock wrote:

Sorry, but without more info I really don't know how I could help. The tax logic works on our site, so I'm unsure what may be going wrong with yours. Where are you seeing the tax rate being correctly calculated?

When debug plugin,we can see correct tax calculated from  method GetInstantUpdateShippingOptions, but it never show form paypal review page, item sub total and shipping can show up properly. Tax rate is based on shipping address. Is there anything wrong? Thanks.
11 years ago
I'd recommend logging the 'result' variable in the ShippingOptions Method to see exactly what data is being sent back to PayPal. You might also want to log other variables used throughout that logic. Unfortunately, you can't really debug this method since it's only reached on the callback from PayPal...

Well, you can, but that would be more complicated.
11 years ago
This happens if you have your Express option: Transfer Shipping Options = Yes but do not have an HTTPS address for your website. Magento passes the shipping options over to PayPal so customers can change the shipping of their order while on PayPal’s website. This transfer of information is, quite rightly, only done using HTTPS.

You can either get an SSL certificate so PayPal uses HTTPS or set the Transfer shipping option to No.

If you set the option to no then your customers are redirected back to your website to select the shipping making the checkout process a bit less express.

Where I can turn off the "Transfer Shipping Options"?

Thansk
11 years ago
kava wrote:
This happens if you have your Express option: Transfer Shipping Options = Yes but do not have an HTTPS address for your website. Magento passes the shipping options over to PayPal so customers can change the shipping of their order while on PayPal’s website. This transfer of information is, quite rightly, only done using HTTPS.

You can either get an SSL certificate so PayPal uses HTTPS or set the Transfer shipping option to No.

If you set the option to no then your customers are redirected back to your website to select the shipping making the checkout process a bit less express.

Thansk
11 years ago
kava wrote:

Thansk
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.