Arvixe Worst web host, Please avoid!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I've also in the past had problem with several web hosting providers and ended up going with Everleap who are just amazing and the site is blazingly fast. No more slow startups that take 60 seconds. I've written an in-depth review of what makes NopCommerce slow on some hosting platforms. You can read a more in depth review here: http://www.kamalpreetsingh.com/115/choosing-a-hosting-for-nopcommerce-my-experience/
8 years ago
Arvixe is just terrible.

Last week my site was up and down like a yo-yo causing some serious losses in sales (and customer confidence which is even harder to get back).

I have absolutely no faith in their customer service, technical prowess or uptime guarantee. I have been a C# programmer for over a decade and I've literally seen it all.  The only advice I can offer everyone is to avoid this company like the plague.  There are many other asp.net hosting companies out there that would like to get your business and would do a much better job to keep it.

Arvixe if you are watching this, which I'm sure you are, don't try and save face with me, avoid me like the plague as well.
8 years ago
For me the best one is http://www.smarterasp.net We host 5 websites and 3 have 10 000 products right now. No lags or issues. and premium is only $28.50/3 months with unlimited websites, unlimited emails (1GB) etc etc.
8 years ago
skithief wrote:
Arvixe is just terrible.

Last week my site was up and down like a yo-yo causing some serious losses in sales (and customer confidence which is even harder to get back).

I have absolutely no faith in their customer service, technical prowess or uptime guarantee. I have been a C# programmer for over a decade and I've literally seen it all.  The only advice I can offer everyone is to avoid this company like the plague.  There are many other asp.net hosting companies out there that would like to get your business and would do a much better job to keep it.

Arvixe if you are watching this, which I'm sure you are, don't try and save face with me, avoid me like the plague as well.

I am sorry to hear you're been experiencing issues with the service provided. I'd love to escalate any tickets that detail any outstanding issues associated with your account with us -- If you'd like me to do so, can you please email me with your ticket ID(s) ([email protected])?

Thank you.
8 years ago
Don't bother emailing him, you won't get responses. Like the topic title says. Please avoid Arvixe.
8 years ago
@groundzero2010 - I got your email during a time when I was not available. For those that have reached out to me via email, I have gone through your tickets and have responded via the ticket and email.

I am available over Skype (alexali.arvixe) and via email ([email protected]) for anyone who would like to escalate any tickets.
8 years ago
We have also switched our hosting provider - we've been with Arvixe for over an year and the service was without any problem - until 2 months ago when they started having really high down time and absolutely no response in terms of support (chat / emailing, nothing worked).

Since then we moved to a VPS plan provided by 3essentials - would recommend.
8 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out!
8 years ago
I invested over $50K in my own servers and infrastructure and started my own small hosting business JUST BECAUSE OF THIS VERY ISSUE. Most hosting providers do not allocate enough APP POOL MEMORY to run NopCommerce well, ESPECIALLY if you add a few plug-ins.  They will blame your app crashes and restarts on the plug-in developer, and give you a complete run-around knowing full well what the problem is. THEY DO NOT PROVISION ENOUGH APP POOL MEMORY.

Then they will try to up-sell you to a more expensive plan (which will probably not work either because they still limit app pool memory (READ THE SMALL PRINT FOR THESE HOSTING PLANS), and finally tell you that you need a VPS plan or dedicated server to run your app on.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

I HAVE A VERY SMALL HOSTING BUSINESS, BUT MY SERVERS ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN YOUR NOP APPLICATIONS AS EXPECTED!  I provision my servers VERY LIGHTLY, and have NO app pool memory restrictions. When you call my company, you get ME on the phone, not someone who doesn't care about their clients. I have been a certified network engineer since 1996. I was the LEAD Network Engineer/Administrator for Georgia Building Authority for over 8 years.  I know how to run a datacenter, and we are also a Microsoft Bizspark Partner. Our datacenter has plenty of horsepower and bandwidth to run at least 500 Nop sites, and I am currently only hosting up a couple dozen sites.  I can guarantee our clients that they will be happy with their hosting service with us. I will be happy to bring up your nopcommerce website and let you test it for a full week before I even charge a penny. (fresh installs only, sorry but I have to limit this to first 20 responders)  I also provide FREE Nop upgrades when they become available, per request.  
PM me if interested in my free for a week offer.
www.rlmec.us
8 years ago
@ronm
It would be nice if your product page gave more information about features/capabilities, similar to SmarterAsp's page.  In particular, these are important:

Trust levels?
SSL/certificates support (and if any additional cost.  Dedicated IP?)
FTP Access (SSL?)
SQL Server versions
SQL Server Management Studio Access
SQL Server Backup / Restore
Supports Visual Studio Publish (WebMatrix too)?
Email - # of accounts?  Online mail client?  (SSL?)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.