nopCommerce 2.80 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
i think that url that doesn't exists was supposed to give us 404 error,
and it give me the homepage

this was supposed be be fix in version 2.80 ?

it's not working also in your demo site.

Thanks,
Shay
No, it's by design now. Not found slugs (search engine friendly page names) are now redirected to the home page (see release notes).

For your request see this work item

oh...
i upgrade to 2.80 specially for that,
because i don't want to go live with this bug,
i think it's a MUST to get 404 on invalid pages.
:-(

is there a workaround to fix it without source ???

Thanks,
Shay
11 years ago
Well done awesome!

Though I think you have missed a major upside in 'Highlight features and changes:'

You should add 'Product grids etc now Div's not tables'  - this is quite a biggie - and awesome! :D

PS it also affects how a lot of css works when thinking about upgrading. But it is WELL worth the work!

Well done!
11 years ago
What's the BEST way to upgrade a LIVE site from 2.3 to ...2.8?

Note:
I also amended the "LocaleStringResource" table that contains default values with my own values,
so I was hoping not to have to override all again.
11 years ago
Could I just run SQLCompare, update the META DATA of the DB
and then update the LocaleStringResource to contain the same exact data as the 2.80 install ??

Any help will be truly appreciated !!!
11 years ago
Just want to let you know, in your new design using Chrome, your Main Dropdown list has the words jumbled under "product" and "Downloads". I haven't tried other browsers.
11 years ago
Jackluv wrote:
Just want to let you know, in your new design using Chrome, your Main Dropdown list has the words jumbled under "product" and "Downloads". I haven't tried other browsers.

Could you please make a screenshot? Have you reset cache (click F5)
P.S. I presume you mean nopCommerce official site and not the new default theme in nopCommerce package. If yes, I think it's better to post such feedback here
11 years ago
Any tips on what's the best way to update a production site from 2.3 to the latest ??
11 years ago
Read the docs Upgrading NopCOmmerce

" You have to upgrade stepwise. For example, if your current version is 2.00 and the latest available version is 2.30, then you have to upgrade to 2.10, then to 2.20, and then to 2.30. So download the required upgrade scripts from our Downloads page.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.