Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
Is there any way to contact the owners of codeplex, Microsoft, and and ask them if they could do one of the following?

1) force the powered by nopcommerce into the smarterstore project

2) add a warning on smarterstore's codeplex page notifying people that they had to add it or buy a license from nopcommerce

3) or block their account until they were willing to comply?

I know this would not be a real solution to the problem, but it might help for now.

Hi Tim,

1. Already contacted them. Yes, it's possible, but "some" additional actions are required to be done first
2. No. Only they can edit this page
3. See answer #1

According to advice of Eduardo I think that it is strategically better not to publish in the forum about any legal steps I am taking (at least now)
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:

According to advice of Eduardo I think that it is strategically better not to publish in the forum about any legal steps I am taking (at least now)

I think that would be best, you don't want them to have a heads up what you are planning to do to let them counteract you.  

I wish you the best on the case.  Be sure to publish the details when you win. :-)
10 years ago
Has anyone seen or point us to actual websites on the internet using SmartStore?
10 years ago
Wow, this is really disturbing.  First of all, my daily beer bill is $50 and I build this fee into my projects along with all sorts of other costs.  That's business cost.

We have a true taker here, take take take.

a.m.

Thanks for all your awesome hard work!

jeff
10 years ago
This once for only Andrei :

"Your rival can copy your work but not your passion."
10 years ago
Lets hope it can all be sorted and that it doesn't drag out as long as the JMRI legal battle.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/History.shtml
10 years ago
It bothers me that I'm getting the feeling smartstore went into this endeavor with sole intentions to theme someone else's hard work and call it their own (removing all code reference & powered by reference to nopcommerce). That is extremely counter productive, even if they were only trying to provide a better shopping cart experience "without reinventing the wheel", as they claimed was their basis for using the nop platform.

They could have just as easily provided a plugin and theme package for nopcommerce to showcase their abilities and ask the fans of their work to vote on core platform improvements to help them reach their ultimate product goals - all while earning revenue from theme/plugin sales and while supporting the nc license instead of undermining or manipulating it.

I really hope they will make the right decision to contribute directly to nopcommerce OR to include "powered by NopCommerce" in their nop-derived offerings (which they have no problem admitting everywhere accept where it legally belongs) and let us start feeling good about wanting to use their products instead of having this horrible conflicting feeling about liking their solutions yet being appalled by their legal philosophy.

Best of luck that this gets settled soon and to everybody's best interests!
10 years ago
The problem with this, is that if nothing is done to stop this, it then it leaves the door wide open to other unscrupulous companies to do exactly the same thing, it's a catch 22, and you can bet your bottom dollar that their are other people watching this with great interest, just waiting to jump on the band wagon.
10 years ago
SmartStore is now available through the Microsoft Web Platform Installer - 293 downloads so far.
I think a good antidote to their behaviour would be a decent marketing campaign for nopCommerce 3.10 and the new product logic.
10 years ago
JonNopper wrote:
SmartStore is now available through the Microsoft Web Platform Installer - 293 downloads so far.
I think a good antidote to their behaviour would be a decent marketing campaign for nopCommerce 3.10 and the new product logic.

Agreed. Apart from legal fight to Smartstore, nopCommerce need a decent marketing campaign and a face lift.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.