Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
vaybabo wrote:
Sorry, we didn't know that your code was in need of improvement. In future we will take this into account

No worries. Just continue coping all the other features from nopCommerce. We added really a lot of new stuff since your clone

vaybabo wrote:
But honestly, you should also check all the other commits and not just concentrate on one single branch. Perhaps you'll find some interesting stuff for nop ;-)

Already looked at the other commits. But haven't found anything interesting. Furthermore, I prefer to develop new code and not to copy.
10 years ago
Has a fund been setup to help with the legal action ? If so can we contribute ?
10 years ago
bromleynetlimited wrote:
Has a fund been setup to help with the legal action ? If so can we contribute ?

Although the lawyer is quite expensive (one of the best lawyer companies in Germany), nopCommerce has quite good profit today. So no worries about it. But anyway, thanks a lot! Furthermore, if we win a litigation case, then SmartStore will pay most of our expenses.
10 years ago
As some of you may know some days ago SmartStore official developers started spamming our CodePlex page here. I understand their frustrations and emotions because they don’t like similar reviews on SmartStore page. Somebody even registered a name username similar to "muratcakir" (SmartStore developer). Nothing good here but I even don't know who he is. We (nopCommerce team) never encouraged and wrote such reviews (at least publicly).

So I contacted SmartStore guys asking what the f*ck they are doing and asking to stop it (prefer to go a legal way). And I was really surprised to receive the following reply from Murat:

What the f*ck I am doing?! I will flood your f*ucking board and what else you have with such things for EVERY license WARNING f*ck you or your debile community assholes shit on OUR board using MY NAME (or anyone else's). You better write a newsletter or PM or whatever and call your people to reason, 'cause I'm gonna make YOU responsible for ANY such shit. 

I take this very personally now, as my name is involved. Business is business, privacy is privacy.

If you really want to write a  negative review, then write about something that concerns the product, 'cause the f*ucking reviews are meant for the f*cking product, it's not meant to be a f*cking Kindergarten!! If the product is bad, then write it down with explanation. So f*cking simple!

No comment. Now I understand why it's OK to violate license terms for such kind of people.

P.S. A person using "muratcakiir" (double "i") username on CodePlex.  I also wouldn't like if somebody used my name. Please stop using this username. Let's don't anger this boy.
P.P.S. As Murat has written "if the product is bad, then write it down with explanation" ...although I personally think that the product is initially bad if it violates some license terms.
10 years ago
I do enjoy a bit of banter, he is obviously a very sensitive educated person. But he does show a slight lack of vocabulary.

I particularly like this picture;[url= https://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/muratcakkir] https://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/muratcakkir[/url] what does this picture say to you?

Please excuse my irony, it's just a english thing. :0))
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
(prefer to go a legal way).

I agree it is better to go in the legal way. Even in a dispute there are rules for a fair play. It would be much better if both sides will end this battle and start cooperating together for the benefit of both.

PS. It is amusing that "muratcakir" is angered when someone makes a "derivation" of his name and violates his name rights.
10 years ago
OK.  Look.  Let's get back to basics.

My company (FlipScript.com) is currently a Znode customer.  Znode is an eCommerce platform that is a competitor of BOTH nopCommerce and SmartStore.NET.

Znode wants $18,000 USD for me to upgrade my installation, and I cannot afford this.  I decided to look into alternatives.

I decided that I need an ASP.NET eCommerce store replacement with a Bootstrap front-end.

nopCommerce + a nopResponsive front-end comes close to what I need.  SmartStore.NET comes closer.

I want to do the right thing here, but seeing the recent nasty legal issues involved with both products makes me very apprehensive to touch EITHER ONE.

I don't mind paying REAL DOLLARS to both organizations to simply get what I need to run my business.

In my opinion, nopCommerce and SmartStore.NET should WORK TOGETHER to come up with a reasonable solution so that both organizations benefit when a new customer (like me) comes looking for an eCommerce solution.  I don't care who profits.  I just need a solution.

Please resolve this situation.  In my opinion, SmartStore.NET needs to acknowledge the value that they have received from the nopCommerce base and make nice, and hopefully both organizations can co-exist without destroying each other.
10 years ago
fsinc wrote:
In my opinion, nopCommerce and SmartStore.NET should WORK TOGETHER to come up with a reasonable solution...

...first should they should start meeting the license terms

fsinc wrote:
In my opinion, SmartStore.NET needs to acknowledge the value that they have received from the nopCommerce base....

Meeting our license terms will be enough
10 years ago
Good grief - this is unbelievable.

Andrei, I hope you're not losing sleep over this - I know I would.

While part of me thinks it would be great if they just back down and accept the terms, another part of me hopes they get their asses whipped in a legal case first.

I'm trying to figure their logic here.

It seems to me, that if we follow their logic, then the simple act of removing the 'powered by' link is changing the source code - ergo, by their logic, anyone who removes the 'powered by' link then owns the copyright of their version of nop ?

Unbelievable.

I know i need to moderate my language here but I've had a rant at the screen !

Can I suggest posting details of an open invite party at their house on facebook  ? :-))
10 years ago
Just a support post for Andrei!

BTW: I have worked long time in Germany and had a legal IP case their as well. That is not easy and quite expensive. Please note that Germans want to have things very well documented and strict. Only that way you can win a case. If you need a second-opinion from another good lawyer: drop me a PM, our (big) company has a good one.

And indeed: hope it does not influence all the good work of NC that much....

P.S.: working together with these Smartshop guys (as some suggest) looks to me impossible.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.