Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello Andrei,

sorry for asking, but can you tell me if there is still a dispute between nopcommerce and smartstore?
8 years ago
MikeFranks wrote:
can you tell me if there is still a dispute between nopcommerce and smartstore?

Yes. The lawsuit is still open
8 years ago
Thank you for your reply - i am happy to hear that! I hope that everything emanates good for NopCommerce!
8 years ago
well i think your problem is that you make it OPENSOURCE ( and try to get money from templates and plugins )
If you were selling this product for 1$ then you will not have a problem at all.

Also using Visual studio to create a web app is not good idea.
let me give you an example.

Your template is too slow for my needs so what i did was to keep your administrator template.
and create a site from scratch in classic asp reading all your tables.
You have No encryption at all so is easy for someone to get your product.

Your product is running on windows.
If it was me ( as i done it in past So i am speaking with facts and not theory ) i would create some
services ( they cannot still those code ) and do all the hard job like SEO friendly url ( isapi dlls )
Also i will have all my functions for database to those services.

I wish you good luck but is hard to win because  that greek guy is also give it as opensource.
to my opinion you have no luck.
You play and you lost ( hidden services etc )

I am greek to and i know how bad our race is when it comes to stilling software.
Greece product nothing everything is still from other countries.

best regards
Mel.
7 years ago
Besides the obvious/previous statements - we should borrow from similar open source communities lessons

Before I get rotten tomatoes thrown on me... I for one, think its a good thing, because in some form nopCommerce also borrowed from other opensource software features or concepts etc. So, why not give back to some who wants to improve... Sadly as someone pointed out, the plugins have gotten expensive, and defeating the purpose of when nop started - the plug-in authors needs to also give back to the community under some form such as a free flavor, that could lead to wordpress like eco system when it comes to options.

For e.g.
Wordpress -> Ghost
Android -> Kindle/ Fire Stick

Linus T/x RHEL/Debian, even apple OS (look at the timeline) ported over to the intel/procs after Linux released his code.
Netscape Javascript/ECMA

Many of these are OpenSource Forks... so I think I see/understand even agree with SmartStores approach...

With the new ASP 5/6 this is a great opp for SmartStore to redo their architecture - or this is an opp to work together and build a better product.
7 years ago
there is still no decision in court?
7 years ago
A settlement has been made between nopCommerce and SmartStore. And according to it we "express the wish that the court proceedings of the opposing party shall no longer be subject of expressions of other forum users"
4 years ago
What ever became of this?
I see that they were added to Microsoft's gallery in January 2020
https://webgallery.microsoft.com/gallery
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.