Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I have read this report. Your work with nopCommerce is very good.
NopCommerce is missing many legal things that are important to Germany.
Only emerged SmartStore. If you you more open for German law no change has SmartStore.

Greeting Frank
10 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
NopCommerce is missing many legal things that are important to Germany.

Hi Frank,

Could you please describe all these many legal thinks? Do you mean three points described here? Please confirm

P.S. Even if something is missing, it doesn't allow to violate license terms
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

I know about the violation of license but don't know the current user by SmartStore. But many users are unhappy with SmartStore.

Look at the last page of the CheckOut for SmartStore. nopCommerce has while confirming the terms and conditions, but this must be from the last page.

1. about each price indicator must be "Excl. or incl. VAT and excl. shipping costs."
2. Calculate basic price according to PAnGV. http://www.gesetze-im-Internet.de/pangv/__2.html
3. important attachments can be sent in the email.
In Germany, you must send with terms and conditions and the right of objection in the order confirmation.
4. Supplier identification. (see General settings-> company SmartStore)

5 also a better modern templates would be good.

I'm enquiring about legal things further.

Greeting Frank
10 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
Look at the last page of the CheckOut for SmartStore. nopCommerce has while confirming the terms and conditions, but this must be from the last page.

Thanks. I've just created a work item

fbfrank wrote:
1. about each price indicator must be "Excl. or incl. VAT and excl. shipping costs."

Just rename an appropriate locale resource

fbfrank wrote:
2. Calculate basic price according to PAnGV. http://www.gesetze-im-Internet.de/pangv/__2.html

Could you please clarify it (maybe, some article written in English)

fbfrank wrote:

Thanks. I've just created a work item.
UPDATE: I presume you did not mean file attachments. You meant just some information in the footer of some emails. In this case you can simply open appropriate email message template in admin area and insert require information. It'll take a couple of minutes

fbfrank wrote:
4. Supplier identification. (see General settings-> company SmartStore)

Also already on the roadmap here

fbfrank wrote:
5 also a better modern templates would be good

Not related to a legal issue. Please also see my comment about simple theme here
10 years ago
fbfrank wrote:

>Could you please clarify it (maybe, some article written in English)

I'm trying in English to find.

fbfrank wrote:

>Thanks. I've just created a work item

I hope you have understood correctly. Email attachment for terms and conditions and the right of objection.

If there is someone who can create a Plug-In for importing SmartStore.biz that would be very good.
I think many customers would use nopCommerce.

I have too little experience with the database by nopCommerce.
10 years ago
This sounds like a positive direction for NopCommerce & SmartStore to go in and working together to improve one base e-commerce system provides more benefits to developers and customers alike. If the SmartStore theme and required plugins could be implemented for NopCommerce, this is a win win proposition. Best of luck!
10 years ago
I hope this can help.

According to German law (PAngV §2) the customer has to be able to easily compare prices for different packing units.
price for products and product variants (e.g. 1 EUR per 100ml)

Products and product variants can now be displayed with a base price. German law requires the seller to advertise a baseprice in addition to the products final purchase price.

* display baseprice for products and product variants
* display baseprice for products with multiple variants ("starting at ... EURO per 100ml")
10 years ago
mattbrummett wrote:
If the SmartStore theme could be implemented for NopCommerce...

I don't agree. Please see post about simple default theme here. Furthermore, we have a lot of great third-party themes here. Currently there is no any real good feature that could be copied from SmartStore.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

It's not about to copy SmartStore. nopCommerce is not really interesting for Germany. Germans want to have everything ready and complete.

There are also not enough plug-ins such as payment methods for Germany.
I have too little experience, maybe there are programmers who help to create plug-ins here.

I would like to offer soon hosting for nopCommerce in Germany.

If you can install the above genahmten points in 3.20 nopCommerce also for Germany will be very interesting.

It made SmartStore. You have made interesting software for Germany.

There are in Germany "Watchdog associations", these control website and if not all is correct you must pay much money.

When the version 3.20 is finished, I will check the version for Germany. When is required, you must then quickly to incorporate changes.

I hope you understand me something. I would like to bring the idea of nopCommerce in Germany forward.

Also a German Web site for nopCommerce with German Forum would be helpful. I could help with that.

To proceed legally against SmartStore is one thing, but thus you win no German customers.

Frank
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
If the SmartStore theme could be implemented for NopCommerce...
I don't agree. Please see post about simple default theme here.

Andre I'm sorry you misunderstood me, we shouldn't make their theme a default, I meant that they could have released it as a third party theme for NC to suit their needs and related plugins as well. I completely agree that a default theme needs to be very basic and a clean starting point.

Keep up the great work everybody! =)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.