Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
is there anything new? When is the next date in court?

Hi Frank,

No. We're just waiting for the news from the court. I'll keep you informed
9 years ago
Now Smartstore guys require their own badge unless you pay: "E-Commerce Solution by SmartStore AG © 2015"  Example in musicfox.nl

Are there any news about the legal dispute?
9 years ago
SuperCalixto wrote:
Are there any news about the legal dispute?

Hi,

No. Just waiting. The next court date is planned in the middle of May.
9 years ago
So I'm looking at open source e-commerce solutions.  Smartstore.NET looked the most promising.  Only after I did some more digging did I discover it's the same code as nopcommerce.  I haven't implemented any solution yet for our client, but I immediately became suspicious of smartstore when I pulled down both repositories.  I posted a topic on their forums asking that given their software is obviously just a reskinning of nopcommerce, why it was missing some functionality (vendors) and what they felt they had actually added, other than a prettier front end. They immediately deleted my post and removed my permission to post on their forum.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Is this legal dispute still ongoing?  What are the implications for potential users of either software
2. Is there anything in the pipeline for nopcommerce to modernize their admin front end?  The current interface really doesn't do the underlying code (which seems excellent) justice, and makes it hard to recommend to clients.
3. The other issue I saw is the nopcommerce demo broke a few times and was noticeably slower and less snappy than SmartStore's. I'm assuming this is only because there are far more users demoing at the same time?  Can anyone from the user community speak to the speed of actual implementations?
9 years ago
fmanley wrote:
So I'm looking at open source e-commerce solutions.  Smartstore.NET looked the most promising.  Only after I did some more digging did I discover it's the same code as nopcommerce.  I haven't implemented any solution yet for our client, but I immediately became suspicious of smartstore when I pulled down both repositories.  I posted a topic on their forums asking that given their software is obviously just a reskinning of nopcommerce, why it was missing some functionality (vendors) and what they felt they had actually added, other than a prettier front end. They immediately deleted my post and removed my permission to post on their forum.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Is this legal dispute still ongoing?  What are the implications for potential users of either software
2. Is there anything in the pipeline for nopcommerce to modernize their admin front end?  The current interface really doesn't do the underlying code (which seems excellent) justice, and makes it hard to recommend to clients.
3. The other issue I saw is the nopcommerce demo broke a few times and was noticeably slower and less snappy than SmartStore's. I'm assuming this is only because there are far more users demoing at the same time?  Can anyone from the user community speak to the speed of actual implementations?

1. Yes. Read post in this fórums. If you are using Smartstore you can purchase the nopCommerce copyright removal key

2) Here[ you can check all Active workitems which are on the roadmap for Nop
3) Performance is a permanent priority for Nop. In v3.40 several important improvements were made.
8 years ago
There is something new or an appointment?
8 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
There is something new or an appointment?

Yes. The court was hold on several days ago. And it's not finished yet (again). I'll write a detailed post about it in several days. I have to get a confirmation from the lawyers about what information I'm allowed to share publicly.
8 years ago
http://community.smartstore.com/index.php?/topic/46156-smartstore-is-no-longer-available-on-codeplex-o/page-2

Smartstore seem to think they have some good news from this latest round of legal action
8 years ago
That's definately not true. The only good news for them is that they still have some more time to continue violation of our license terms. Anyway let's wait and see what exactly Murat means by "good news".
8 years ago
This case has similararities to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobsen_v._Katzer in the end SmartStore will have to relent, it is only a matter of time. It is ashame though, their product is better suited for the european market but Nop will get there (especially if the new theme is released with 3.60).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.