Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
No one has the right to declare years of work as obsolete!

AFAIK, the work you do can still be used and shared and used commercially. You just have to comply to NPL, which requires you to pay for copyright removal.

I have enough spirit to resist and I surely will.

Why not submit your awesome work as a pull-request into nopCommerce? Why create a fork in the first place? Nobody wants to invalidate your work. It is awesome. It looks absolutely great, no kidding. Why can't we work together?

What ajberry displayed are comments by Murat Cakir shown in the link provided by ajberry
8 years ago
I have personally reasons against Smartstore and let me just say:

I HOPE nopcommerce Destroys these company called Smartstore!
8 years ago
Yes, almost. We're just waiting for the court settlement to be confirmed by nopCommerce. Once it's confirmed and official, we will post more details. However, the court only dealt with SmartStore.NET 1.2, which was released in 2013 under the LGPL license (all subsequent releases adopt GPLv3). Means: the lawsuit does not affect the current or future SmartStore.NET releases. The court made it clear that it would not deal with them.

From the aforementioned thread.

Sounds like there is some sort of agreement? But then they will release a new version and all will happen again. Just seems like lawyers are winning....
8 years ago
ajberry wrote:
Yes, almost. We're just waiting for the court settlement to be confirmed by nopCommerce. Once it's confirmed and official, we will post more details. However, the court only dealt with SmartStore.NET 1.2, which was released in 2013 under the LGPL license (all subsequent releases adopt GPLv3). Means: the lawsuit does not affect the current or future SmartStore.NET releases. The court made it clear that it would not deal with them.

From the aforementioned thread.

Sounds like there is some sort of agreement? But then they will release a new version and all will happen again. Just seems like lawyers are winning....

I've also seen this post by Murat on smartstore forums here (http://community.smartstore.com/index.php?/topic/46156-smartstore-is-no-longer-available-on-codeplex-o/?p=266777). That's so fun that smartstore team thinks that there are some some good news for them! Let me explain why. The court suggested the following settlement to both of us:
1.  The defendant (SmartStore AG) would undertake, without acknowledging a legal obligation but still in a legally binding way to cease and desist offering / distributing the software SmartStore.NET 1.2.0 as this happened with the enclosed CD. In case of a violation against the cease and desist obligation, a contractual penalty would be imposed by the plaintiff, which may be revealed upon request by the competent Court.
2.  The plaintiff would have to bear 40 % of the entire proceedings’ costs (first and second instance), the defendant would bear the remaining 60 %.
3.  By concluding the settlement agreement, all claims between the parties regarding the distribution of the program “SmartStore.Net” would be considered settled.

If we agree to this settlement, then smartstore stops distribution of version 1.2.0. Yeah, this settlement affects this outdated version only. This way smartstore AG could contrinue development and distribution of futher versions. This is very weird settlement. Of course, we rejected it! smartstore team just doesn't know it about it yet. So there are no any good news for smartstore as they think =))
8 years ago
Any news during the last two months?
8 years ago
Nephira wrote:
Any news during the last two months?

Yes. But I'll be able to share them later (in the interests of the case). I'll keep everybody informed once allowed.
8 years ago
is there any news?
8 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
is there any news?

Hi Frank,

please see my post above
8 years ago
Hello Andrei, is there anything new about Smartstore vs. Nop during the last 2 months?

Btw.: The proposed settlement of the court is incredible.... Did Smartstore really make the court believe, that Smartstore.net Version 1.2.0 has an other backround than the newer versions? Stolen remains stolen!
8 years ago
MikeFranks wrote:
Hello Andrei, is there anything new about Smartstore vs. Nop during the last 2 months?

Btw.: The proposed settlement of the court is incredible.... Did Smartstore really make the court believe, that Smartstore.net Version 1.2.0 has an other backround than the newer versions? Stolen remains stolen!

Hi Mike,

please see my post above
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.