nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
a simple checkout page would be good. Click now to many.
10 years ago
I would also agree with one page checkout!
10 years ago
I vote for 3 features:

1. Responsive Design (but do not drop jquery mobile version)
2. Simpler one page checkout
3. and inventory management system. (It would be a great feature, I think)
10 years ago
responsive design by default +1;

also I'd like to extend the Vendor entity with more advanced features just like Manufacturer entity:

* localized names (ILocalizedEntity)
* SEO properties (including search engine friendly name / seo slug) (ISlugSupported)
* vendor limited to stores (IStoreMappingSupported)

so basicaly implement: ILocalizedEntity, ISlugSupported, IAclSupported, IStoreMappingSupported

Please vote:

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11875

tx!
10 years ago
I think the most pressing requirement for any new version of nopCommerce should be to make it more suitable for shared hosting environments and by this I have in mind its memory footprint. Maybe a more sophisticated caching mechanism if possible? In any case, if there is a plan we would be more than happy to contribute to it with code.
10 years ago
+1 for Default Responsive layout so responsive theme designing will became easier.
+1 for new One Page checkout.
10 years ago
What about Azure support?

I also noticed the Web Farm support. I guess this applies espacially to Scheduled Tasks.(ie preventing Scheduled Tasks to run on multiple instances)

one more caveat in combination with windows azure that the azure instances are not known in advance and can vary over time.

Should try to take that into consideration.
10 years ago
I propose these optimizations: (1 to 4 points are very important!)

1) main website keyword, meta title and meta description by store and by language
(http://../Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon) on seo settings

2) topic url by store and by language (for example www.site.com/it/test and www.site.com/en/test2 for the same topic, like as products and categories)

3) Include shipping by total plugin in the main solution

4) url bug: if I am on a particular product or category or manufacturer page for example with a particular language
for example www.site.com/it/categoria and I change language i would like that url record is www.site.com/en/category
but the url now is www.site.com/en/categoria

5) If I connect to my website from a particular country and language is active then redirect to that language by default

6) Store Logo upload from admin area (and different logos by store: now I edit css file)

7) Optimation for mobile and development of new themes for mobile

8) add instangram, flickr, pinterest (http://../Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon)

Please let me know if you agree with me.
10 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Can you please look into this forum post?

Can we integrate honey pot type of system in default nop?
Many store owners are facing issue of fake registrations?
May be helped to many store owners.
10 years ago
I think that responsive design is a very very good idea.  Responsive web design is the new trend and by having the default theme responsive it will give it an additional advantage.  

As Nop-Templates mentioned, I think that it would be really nice to increase the catching ability for nopcommerce to improve nocommerce's ability on shared hosting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.