nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
hezyz wrote:
create 3 css files style, style.rtl and skin

in skin put only properties that can be changed with out changing the layout
basically colors, background colors, images and fonts

Can I find good.

1. some CSS settings can be set in the shop.
2. simple creating new pages and insert in the menu.
3. the names of Web pages like contact, etc. should be changed in the language.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi folks,

By the way, have a look at this work item ("Make the default theme responsive"). What do you think about it? Should it be done out of the box? If yes, should we maintain both mobile versions (a new responsive and the current jQuery mobile)? Or drop should we drop the current jQuery mobile support in order to keep the solution more simple (no code duplicates) and have only responsive one?

jQuery Mobile or Responsive theme is not a replacement of each other. Both of them has got their place. I would prefer to make default theme responsive, but at the same time maintain jQuery mobile version due to following reason:

- It generates optimized code, which is better and lesser for mobile sites, enables quick loading on slower mobile connection
- Optimized for touch using UI similar to native app
- Gives more freedom to someone looking to create special mobile site, especially sites specifically targeted to mobile / tabs
- Someone building mobile app for his nopCommerce site can use jQuery UI to build the app quickly

However, I would like other opinions of other community members on this as well. And more importantly the one who are using jQuery mobile themes extensively!
10 years ago
One of the task I see in work item is about Migrate from Telerik ASP.NET MVC Extensions to any other UI framework.

I am following a task very closely here https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10860 but not sure which framework nop team is planning to use?

Can we have some idea?
10 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi folks,

By the way, have a look at this work item ("Make the default theme responsive"). What do you think about it? Should it be done out of the box? If yes, should we maintain both mobile versions (a new responsive and the current jQuery mobile)? Or drop should we drop the current jQuery mobile support in order to keep the solution more simple (no code duplicates) and have only responsive one?

jQuery Mobile or Responsive theme is not a replacement of each other. Both of them has got their place. I would prefer to make default theme responsive, but at the same time maintain jQuery mobile version due to following reason:

- It generates optimized code, which is better and lesser for mobile sites, enables quick loading on slower mobile connection
- Optimized for touch using UI similar to native app
- Gives more freedom to someone looking to create special mobile site, especially sites specifically targeted to mobile / tabs
- Someone building mobile app for his nopCommerce site can use jQuery UI to build the app quickly

However, I would like other opinions of other community members on this as well. And more importantly the one who are using jQuery mobile themes extensively!

Just a note about the first point. I have built and also used existing JQM sites and in my experience they are not actually very fast. JQM is relatively new and is not as optimized performance-wise as one would think (given its purpose being for mobile devices).

The other points are still valid and may be useful to some users, though not for our site's needs. Either way I think a responsive theme would be very useful to have, as it would not require modifying essentially two themes (regular and JQM) to have mobile functionality.
10 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
One of the task I see in work item is about Migrate from Telerik ASP.NET MVC Extensions to any other UI framework.

I am following a task very closely here https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10860 but not sure which framework nop team is planning to use?

Can we have some idea?

All details are already in the work item details. Most probably, it'll be KendoUI (99%)
10 years ago
I vote to make it responsive. I think this is a no brainer. I also agree fully with the need to make the one page checkout a REAL one page checkout. This is so much more important than any other detailed campaign feature or what have you. It's the ESSENCE of any ecommerce site.
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I also agree fully with the need to make the one page checkout a REAL one page checkout. This is so much more important than any other detailed campaign feature or what have you. It's the ESSENCE of any ecommerce site.

Agree X 3. I have a lot of clients complain about current checkout page, and those people have some idea what they are talking about. Its time to make the checkout page more simple.
10 years ago
olga_zov wrote:
I also agree fully with the need to make the one page checkout a REAL one page checkout. This is so much more important than any other detailed campaign feature or what have you. It's the ESSENCE of any ecommerce site.

Agree X 3. I have a lot of clients complain about current checkout page, and those people have some idea what they are talking about. Its time to make the checkout page more simple.

We have the same request from most of our clients
10 years ago
Get out the vote!

One page checkout work item

It's the highest proposed work item
10 years ago
It will be helpful when you can provide automatic upgrade just like in WordPress in the next version. Many people seem to be having problem in manually upgrading to a newer version.
Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.