nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I think we should also increase the CMS ability of nopcommerce by changing the menu system to be more like Wordpress.  The new menu in nopcommerce is definitely an improvement, however, if I am understanding how it works correctly, it is auto loading the categories.  The way it is now, I don't think there is an easy way to customize it from the admin.  

For example, take a look at this:  http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/

The ability to easily change the menu system would greatly improve nopcommerce.  Since wordpress is open source, we could use their same methodology and just code it up for nopcommerce.  

I think it would be great to have it allow you to have an "auto" menu that would be like what nopcommerce has right now.  This would be the default option.  Then, people could uncheck the "auto" checkbox and be able to edit the menu and add new pages.  This part would work like the wordpress menu version shown here.
10 years ago
Also, I think it would be neat to add the ability to download themes and plugins from the administration panel like it is done in wordpress.  This would make it allot easier for non-technical store owners to be able to add plugins and themes.  
Basically, when someone added their extension to the official nopcommerce.com website it would be added to the list that could be searched on each person's nopcommerce admin.

The themes and plugins that were free could be downloaded just like they can be done in wordpress.  However, if a theme was a paid version there could be a popup lightbox that would allow the person to pay for the plugin, download, and install all it from the administration panel.  For the paid themes and plugins that were downloaded on the person's website, the nopcommerce team would get a 10 or 20% commission.  This would work somewhat like a vendor concept. This could be a big revenue increase for the nopcommerce team.
10 years ago
andreacaffy wrote:
I propose these optimizations: (1 to 4 points are very important!)

1) main website keyword, meta title and meta description by store and by language
(http://../Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon) on seo settings

2) topic url by store and by language (for example www.site.com/it/test and www.site.com/en/test2 for the same topic, like as products and categories)

3) Include shipping by total plugin in the main solution

4) url bug: if I am on a particular product or category or manufacturer page for example with a particular language
for example www.site.com/it/categoria and I change language i would like that url record is www.site.com/en/category
but the url now is www.site.com/en/categoria

5) If I connect to my website from a particular country and language is active then redirect to that language by default

6) Store Logo upload from admin area (and different logos by store: now I edit css file)

7) Optimation for mobile and development of new themes for mobile

8) add instangram, flickr, pinterest (http://../Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon)

Please let me know if you agree with me.

No strong opinion on most of these points, but I'm sorry, I want to vote against including any additional plugins in the main solution (point 3). The main solution already has several features that should really be plugins (e.g. forums), and adding additional ones would just make it heavier when the functionality is perfectly flexible and optional as a plugin.

Instead, I would vote to strip out everything that is not core functionality from the main solution and move it to plugins. Implementations that need them could still use them, but the main solution would be more lightweight for those that don't need them.
10 years ago
mayabellescloset wrote:
No strong opinion on most of these points, but I'm sorry, I want to vote against including any additional plugins in the main solution (point 3). The main solution already has several features that should really be plugins (e.g. forums), and adding additional ones would just make it heavier when the functionality is perfectly flexible and optional as a plugin.

Instead, I would vote to strip out everything that is not core functionality from the main solution and move it to plugins. Implementations that need them could still use them, but the main solution would be more lightweight for those that don't need them.

I agree with stripping most things out of the solution, especially the forums and blog functionality. This would give 3rd party plugin creators the ability to create some great solutions for them that they cannot do now without changing some of the main files in nop. Also, knowing that the main focus of the nop team is to implement ecommerce functionality, why not open up those aspects of the system to others? Just my opinion.
10 years ago
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
I think the most pressing requirement for any new version of nopCommerce should be to make it more suitable for shared hosting environments and by this I have in mind its memory footprint. Maybe a more sophisticated caching mechanism if possible? In any case, if there is a plan we would be more than happy to contribute to it with code.

Sure, any contributions are always welcome
10 years ago
Product Attributes: Simple

I propose the following options for the next NopCommerce Upgrade:

The ability to assign SKU’s to simple product attributes. Right now, we are limited with how we can customize product attributes. The new “Weight” option is great. I think it would be beneficial if there were a field where you could enter a SKU number.

Thoughts?
10 years ago
Andrey,

why these points are duplicated? (i see your post on codeplex).

1) topic url by store and by language (for example www.site.com/it/test and www.site.com/en/test2 for the same topic, like as products and categories)

2) url bug: if I am on a particular product or category or manufacturer page for example with a particular language
for example www.site.com/it/categoria and I change language i would like that url record is www.site.com/en/category

Thank you and thanks for nopcommerce, that is a very excellent job.
10 years ago
andreacaffy wrote:
1) topic url by store and by language (for example www.site.com/it/test and www.site.com/en/test2 for the same topic, like as products and categories)

Already exist - https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11019

andreacaffy wrote:
2) url bug: if I am on a particular product or category or manufacturer page for example with a particular language

This is not a bug. Just go to SEO tab of the category and edit "search engine friendly name" (leave to empty to re-generate)
10 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
I would also agree with one page checkout!

I also agree that a better one page checkout will help with conversions. It would be nice to see everything in different panels on the same screen and updates to addresses, cart items, etc. made asynchronously.
10 years ago
Will paid subscriptions allow multiple subscription types (e.g. Basic FREE, Silver, Gold, Platinum)? Furthermore, it would be nice to implement "progressive subscriptions" whereby after one month (or any specified time period) the customer is moved into another role with additional capabilities.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.