nopCommerce 3.50 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Regading sub attributes. Thanks. Please for for this work item here

Regarding API. Also thanks a lot. Please vote for this work item here. But I think that we should wait for the new ASP.NET vNext release. I presume there will be a lof of breaking changes and new "technologies and approaches" offered (as usual)
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

I've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (3.50). Here are some of the most interesting ones:

- Rental products
- Web farm support
- Paid Registrations
- Ability to assign catalog price per currency
- Better warehouse support and inventory control.
- And a lot of other enhancements.

I know some of these work items were postponed several times. I hope all of them will be done in version 3.50. You can find all existing work items for this version here.

Estimate release time - November-December 2014 (4-5 months).

P.S. Also our efforts will be focused on marketing of the product, enhancements of the official site, and entire product ecosystem.

P. P.S. Looking at "roadmap" topics for previous versions I see that a lot of people used them for feature and enhancement suggestions. Of course it's very good that our community is so active. We highly appreciate it. But this way these topics became very bloated with minor suggestions or just questions. Could you please use dedicated Suggestions and Feedback for such purposes? Let's use this topic only for some more general discussion of version 3.50 or really significant features.

G'day Andrei & team,

I've got a particular interest in the Inventory Control aspects of NOP and would like to become involved in the discussion and development of this area for 3.5.

Whats the best way to do that?

I found the work item here but also noticed it is unassigned.
Garry
9 years ago
gaz wrote:
G'day Andrei & team,

I've got a particular interest in the Inventory Control aspects of NOP and would like to become involved in the discussion and development of this area for 3.5.

Whats the best way to do that?

I found the work item here but also noticed it is unassigned.
Garry

Hi Garry,

please see this topic
9 years ago
Thank you Andrei :) Looking forward the the release. The list for 3.50v looks great !!!
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
..I think that we should wait for the new ASP.NET vNext release

I also agree that we should wait for ASP.NET MVC 6 since it supports Web API and REST-ful applications out of the box.
9 years ago
could we add cms feature like Inline editing on Web Front

The ability to allow admin to edit price, description, news, menu.. right from the web front ui would help ease the process of content maintenance.

It's more straight forward to quickly get the work done instead of reading through all the tutorial docs, especially for those who don't have good knowledge on web management.

https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/12212
9 years ago
I´d like some upgrades:
-> Azure web farms (YES)
-> Azure blob storage
-> Bootstrap compatibility
-> More performance! Cache 2nd level.

When we get this points, nopcommerce will be the best over the world!!! :)

Thanks Andrey.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Regading sub attributes. Thanks. Please for for this work item here

Regarding API. Also thanks a lot. Please vote for this work item here. But I think that we should wait for the new ASP.NET vNext release. I presume there will be a lof of breaking changes and new "technologies and approaches" offered (as usual)

I agree, the vNext platform looks to change a lot of things going forward.
9 years ago
I know this was discussed or mentioned once before but currently are there any plans to pull out certain features from the core code and migrate them to plugins? For various reasons it seems like it would be more streamlined to see certain features rebaked as plugins. (ie blog, forum, newsletter signups / campaigns, polls, etc).

Is there an active work item for this already, if so I apologize but I could not find it. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
9 years ago
cybernexus wrote:
I know this was discussed or mentioned once before but currently are there any plans to pull out certain features from the core code and migrate them to plugins? For various reasons it seems like it would be more streamlined to see certain features rebaked as plugins. (ie blog, forum, newsletter signups / campaigns, polls, etc).

Is there an active work item for this already, if so I apologize but I could not find it. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

This has been discussed several times before but opted to leave these features in because they benefit the store by providing more SEO traffic and increased customer engagement.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.