nopCommerce 3.60 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
izybit wrote:
I would also like to bring once more to your attention the whole "search" thing.

... I am extremely disappointed with the search functionality of nop.

We have already implemented the hack to automatically search in product descriptions but the results are not nearly as good as those we were getting out of the box in the php cart.
Could you please consider implementing a good search functionality in the next release?

I agree, the built in search is not very good.
There are plugins which meet some people's needs.  
The available plugins didn't meet my particular needs, so I ended up doing my own thing, which now I have to support with each upgrade.

IMHO: search is as important as checkout.
9 years ago
Registration after checkout as guest.

If a person checks out as a guest, offer them the option of registering, retaining the addresses etc used during the checkout.
9 years ago
Hi,

In the catalog "Product A" for "USD" currency,
"Product B" currency "TRY" could be?

thanks,
9 years ago
potusum wrote:
Hi,

In the catalog "Product A" for "USD" currency,
"Product B" currency "TRY" could be?

thanks,

Hi,

It's not supported yet. Pleas find this work item here (Fixed prices per currency)
9 years ago
Andrei, can you give us your view about the feedback and suggestions we've been leaving in this thread?

I'm specially concerned about:
- operations not being transactional: remove dbContext.Save from repos and do a single Save per request. Add concurrency validation to entities.
- web farm support and, if specifically, optional Azure support (scalability, use blob storage, worker roles for background processing, etc).
- perfomance in general (use async on all EF operations and other suggestions)
- better architecture: some controller and service operations are huge. Move out some code to external services.

Thanks
9 years ago
fcastells wrote:
Andrei, can you give us your view about the feedback and suggestions we've been leaving in this thread?

I'm specially concerned about:
- operations not being transactional: remove dbContext.Save from repos and do a single Save per request. Add concurrency validation to entities.
- web farm support and, if specifically, optional Azure support (scalability, use blob storage, worker roles for background processing, etc).
- perfomance in general (use async on all EF operations and other suggestions)
- better architecture: some controller and service operations are huge. Move out some code to external services.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks a lot for suggestions. Work items for all of these tasks exist on codeplex. Some of them are proposed, some of them are active (planned to be done in the near time)
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Is Fixed Price Per Currency going to be in 3.6?

Thanks
9 years ago
ChuckR wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Is Fixed Price Per Currency going to be in 3.6?

Thanks

I cannot guarantee it. But most probably it'll be done (there are some issues with possible implementation now)
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot for suggestions. Work items for all of these tasks exist on codeplex. Some of them are proposed, some of them are active (planned to be done in the near time)

Yes, I know there are work items for them and it's good these requirements are tracked correctly, but this is not really helpful from our side, because we can't really tell if something will be done next week, next month or in a few years. There are no items assigned to 3.60 at the moment.

With my questions I was more interested on your opinion on some of the issues, specially regarding performance, scalability and transactional operations.

Note that this thread was started more than 3 months ago and there quite a few comments about these topics, but as far as I can tell, nothing has been done in this respect, so it seems you don't see them as critical as some of us do, but we don't know.

What I am trying to say is that it'd be really great to know what you think about these topics. Do you think they are a good idea or not? do you have doubts or questions we can help with? or even if you'd like some parts to be done by the community?

Maybe you could open specific threads for some features to discuss technical solutions with the community...
9 years ago
fcastells wrote:
There are no items assigned to 3.60 at the moment..

Hi Francesc,

Right. It's a bit confusing. All work items with "active" status are now assigned to the latest release. Thanks.

fcastells wrote:
What I am trying to say is that it'd be really great to know what you think about these topics. Do you think they are a good idea or not? do you have doubts or questions we can help with? or even if you'd like some parts to be done by the community?

Hi,

Some of these work items have "active" status (e.g. azure, web farms, performance, etc), some of them are "proposed (e.g. unit of work pattern). Active work items will be surely done, proposed work item are not planned to be done in the near time (but its status could be changed to "active" in the future). Currently there are only three really important and complex development tasks - new default theme (already started), performance (never-ending task), azure (and web farms). All the rest could be done later

fcastells wrote:
Maybe you could open specific threads for some features to discuss technical solutions with the community...

Sure. Thanks for suggestion. This is how it's already done. As you may know I always start a new sticky thread when some new complex development task is started or some help needed.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.