You have spoken, We listened! nopCommerce v1.50 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
The last couple of days were simply amazing. Response to the latest release and events have been tremendous. As a recognition to the great interest you have shown to NopCommerce, and in an effort to better communicate with the community members, the team has decided to release NopCommerce 1.50 instead of the Enterprise 2.0. This release includes all the bug fixes, enhancements and most if not all the new features planned and talked about since version 1.40. Our commitment to open source is solid, our commitment to the community is strong and despite the hard times we have to overcome, we will continue offering free releases. In the long term, we will work on an enterprise version. That won't happen before at least another year, probably two.

The decision has not come by chance. We have carefully listened to all your comments and concerns. We have recognized the need for a better communication, a better organization and processes. We are working out a plan to make code contribution easier and we will communicate about as it is ready. In the meantime, we ask you to send your contributions to the team. This will avoid redundancy of requests, produced code and modules and will help project leads better prioritize based on requirements and code availability.

Our decision has been fueled by the passion we have seen in you to support NopCommerce. We value and share that passion and we ask you continue and step up the support to the project and the team. The project will live for the community , by the community. We will continue our dedicated work, you can count on us as we would like to count on your support which is vital for NopCommerce. Take the initiative, click on the link below and be recognized as a supporter.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/41/the-nopcommerce-community-sponsorship-program.aspx

Highlight features of nopCommerce 1.50:
1) Gift Cards
2) Access Control List
3) Activity Log
4) Recurring Products
5) New Payment Statuses: Refund, Void
6) Stock Management by Product Attributes (such as, color and size)
7) One-page Checkout
8) Do Not Store Credit Card Information (even encrypted). PA DSS Compliance Requirement!
9) Restrict Available Shipping Methods by Country
10) Restrict Available Payment Methods by Country
11) Live Chat Integration
12) SMS Notifications
13) New Discount Type - "Assigned to Shipping"
14) Discount Requirements
      a) None
      b) Must be assigned to customer role
      c) Had purchased all of these product variants
      d) Had purchased one of these product variants
15) Discount Limitations
      a) Unlimited
      b) Can be used one time only
      c) Can be used one time per customer
16) Discount Usage History
17) New Shipping Modules:
      a) Australia Post
      b) Canada Post
18) New Payment Modules:
      a) Amazon (SimplePay)
      b) Assist (Russia)
      c) Beanstream
      d) ChronoPay
      e) CyberSource
      f) Dibs (Sweden)
      g) iDeal (Netherlands)
      h) Moneris
      i) Pay in store
      j) PayJunction
      k) PayPoint
      l) QuickPay (Denmark)
      m) SagePay
      n) SecurePay (Australia)
      o) Sermepa (Spain)
      p) Svea (Sweden)
      q) USAePay
19) Several Shipping Rate Computation Methods used Simultaneously (such as, FedEx and UPS)
20) System Maintenance (Backup/Restore Database)
21) Weights and Dimensions (Managed by Administrator)

To see the full list of fixes and changes please visit the release notes page.
14 years ago
Andrei Making people pay certain amout in fiexed setting is bad so please give people an option to donate as much as they want. Notice the original topic, this was the part people where talking the most.
14 years ago
To a.m

you know what? you're absolutely amazing!
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
The last couple of days were simply amazing. Response to the latest release and events have been tremendous. As a recognition to the great interest you have shown to NopCommerce, and in an effort to better communicate with the community members, the team has decided to release NopCommerce 1.50 instead of the Enterprise 2.0. This release includes all the bug fixes, enhancements and most if not all the new features planned and talked about since version 1.40. Our commitment to open source is solid, our commitment to the community is strong and despite the hard times we have to overcome, we will continue offering free releases. In the long term, we will work on an enterprise version. That won't happen before at least another year, probably two.

The decision has not come by chance. We have carefully listened to all your comments and concerns. We have recognized the need for a better communication, a better organization and processes. We are working out a plan to make code contribution easier and we will communicate about as it is ready. In the meantime, we ask you to send your contributions to the team. This will avoid redundancy of requests, produced code and modules and will help project leads better prioritize based on requirements and code availability.

Our decision has been fueled by the passion we have seen in you to support NopCommerce. We value and share that passion and we ask you continue and step up the support to the project and the team. The project will live for the community , by the community. We will continue our dedicated work, you can count on us as we would like to count on your support which is vital for NopCommerce. Take the initiative, click on the link below and be recognized as a supporter.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/41/the-nopcommerce-community-sponsorship-program.aspx

Andrei,

I applaud your decision and I hope the community will rally behind you and give you the financial and other support you need.  We are launching one site using Nop right now and I've become a sponsor.  As I move more clients over to Nop I plan to add additional sponsorships in order to support you and I would encourage other people to do the same.  $70 for 1.5 is a great deal and we should all be able to bake that into our proposals for clients!

Thanks again for everything, Andrei.  I'm looking forward to trying out 1.5!

Ben
14 years ago
Absolutely amazing! This is an awesome thing that you have done!
14 years ago
Andrei,

like Ben, I applaud your incredible decision, very decisive.

I should have done it sooner ... but i i've joined the sponsorship program now and hope everybody else who uses nop will do so also - ALL of us owe it to the team.

- Hayden
14 years ago
I've read the entire original topic. We're currently discussing all the posts. Unfortunately our payment gateway doesn't support donations (or not fixed price products)
14 years ago
Hi, thanks for this new release. Any chance to know when language packs will be adjusted to the new version as well?
14 years ago
Just provide with the paypal acount and have it as the donation account. On paypal it should work just fine.  To make things clear i also absolutley support what Andrei and the team did, however i belive that the enterprise version should come out eventualy because we all want the product to become top noch.  It would be bad if open source version is killed because of it, but if it runs parallel then its fine. There is allot of additions that can be found online for nop so i also suggest to give option to those who have commercial addons to be able to advertise for a fee on nop site. This would help to centralize the product in one base.

Take Magento comunity as an example.
14 years ago
naio21 wrote:
Hi, thanks for this new release. Any chance to know when language packs will be adjusted to the new version as well?

It all depends on community members who would like to make translations
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.