You have spoken, We listened! nopCommerce v1.50 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
wow - this is great news, I was considering ditching NOP with this Enterprise release splitting NOP into two - I'm off to find the sponsor sign up right now :)
14 years ago
Thanks NOP team for listening :)
its great release..will sure sponsor more in future..
To start, just became a Level II community sponsor

Regards
Gokul
14 years ago
This is amazing, thankyou for all your hard work

Simon
14 years ago
Everyone agrees that Nopcommerce is valuable software. I think that everyone who is using it should become a community sponsor. Show your support and purchase that sponsorship now!
14 years ago
Hi,
can provide resources for the English version 1.5, so that I can do the translation in Greek?

Keep walking ...
14 years ago
It is somewhat unusual or me to be stunned by a software company's actions with regard to its userbase and development community these days.  It is INCREDIBLY rare for me to find myself stunned by a company's actions in a GOOD way...

I knew within moments of cracking the source that this platform was several calibers higher than what I'm used to seeing under the hood.  It was immediately clear that the development team had a firm grasp of best patterns and practices tempered with an understanding of when and why those patterns and practices should be applied... or not.  I (rather exuberantly) communicated to my team and our clients that nopCommerce would be our new go-to eCommerce platform for custom installations.

I was troubled to see nopCommerce moving towards a DotNetNuke-esque licensing model in which "enterprise" didn't really mean enterprise so much as "standard features we ripped out of or withheld from the community edition and began charging exorbitant fees for instead".  This was especially disheartening after spending the last 4 months or so championing nopCommerce to our clients as a phenomenal example of eCommerce and community support done right.  It was my unfortunate task to begin drafting correspondence explaining that nopCommerce may no longer be the best option for our smaller clients and we now need to begin researching suitable platforms, again.

I am stunned, pleased and oddly proud to hear Andrei and the nop team not only actively listened to and engaged the community, but acted on that feedback and chose to value the development community above immediate cash.  To say this is rare doesn't quite seem adequate.  Well done.  Expect to see a shiny new avatar next to my name in the very near future.
14 years ago
МОЛОДЦЫ РЕБЗЯ! ТАК ДЕРЖАТь!!!!

I pledge to become sponsor supporter really soon as soon as I lunch the site and get very first sale!:)
Also would like to hear more detail info on code contribution and exchange between developers and team.

Andrei (not sure if anyone suggested that before) but you should look into implementing some sort of member contribution rewards program, where you can get people  contributing code/fixing bugs/finding reporting bugs/ answering questions to newcomers etc, and earning some sort of RESPEKT! Points which latter when you become more enterprise will be able to be used for new version upgrades and modules.
14 years ago
I am also going to become a sponsor very soon ....

Proud to be a part of nopCommerce Community (All the community members are very helpful, Andrei is very nice and supportive - always ready to help, and all the team members who created this great project)
14 years ago
alwoodjs wrote:
Everyone agrees that Nopcommerce is valuable software. I think that everyone who is using it should become a community sponsor. Show your support and purchase that sponsorship now!

It's great to see the sponsor logo showing up for more and more people.  I agree with alwoodjs that we need ALL help out as much as we can by becoming sponsors in order to keep this amazing project going and to allow Andrei & co to survive continue to be able to afford to work on nopCommerce!  I suggest we all give a little every time we use the cart for a client.  Give as much as you can or ask your client to become a sponsor!

A lot of people giving a little bit might be all it takes!
14 years ago
This new release is spectacular!!! You guys do great work here.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.