You have spoken, We listened! nopCommerce v1.50 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:

It all depends on community members who would like to make translations

well said Andrei. i'll start working on French and probably Italian  tonight.
14 years ago
Thank you for your commitment to this community! I'm excited about the future. I completely understand the need to monetize your business, lets figure out how to do this the right way!
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
I've read the entire original topic. We're currently discussing all the posts. Unfortunately our payment gateway doesn't support donations (or not fixed price products)

You could try configuring the item such that is has a basic price, say $10, and add variant attributes for $10, $20, $30, $40, $50, $60, etc -- this would let the user decide a donation amount.
14 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

You could try configuring the item such that is has a basic price, say $10, and add variant attributes for $10, $20, $30, $40, $50, $60, etc -- this would let the user decide a donation amount.

Great idea [email protected], that's the best way, and we all can contribute according to the amount that we can afford.

Andrei , thanks a lot for 1.5version, You're the Best !!!!!
14 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

Thanks for suggestion. Done.
14 years ago
Sponsorship purchased. Let's see how long it takes to show up. The 2CO site said 24 hours to process my PayPal payment.
14 years ago
Also guys please spare $50 to utilize copy wright removal instead of just using the product hosted at some unknown providers in a 3rd world countries or instead of leaving 'powered by Nop commerce'.
14 years ago
I was wondering, since I am having a bit of trouble with 1.4, how does the new version integrate into an existing .net site.

I posted on another topic and got a little nudge but am still stuck.

Here's what happened. I got the manual and saw the first video. It looks like you could install the entire application in a folder (that is not the root) in a site no problem. I tried it out before with 1.3 on an html site and it worked fine other than not knowing how I was going to style it for the site - logos, look, etc.

This latest application - 1.4 - I tried installing the same way (through GoDaddy) on a site built in .Net 3.5. things are not ging so well. did it in a folder also. won't install.

Does 1.5 do better - or can there be some kind of instructional on this? I'm a junior level when it comes to this end and really appreciate what you folks have done for us. I still think nopCommerce is awesome.
14 years ago
chrisgwilliams wrote:
Sponsorship purchased. Let's see how long it takes to show up. The 2CO site said 24 hours to process my PayPal payment.

Well... I got a receipt saying my payment was processed. Maybe it's a manual thing?
14 years ago
This latest version is great!  I just finished the upgrade process on 3 sites and am looking forward to working with the new features.

One item to point out is that the 1.50 download was a .zip file and apparently Windows 7 and possibly Vista lock these files when downloaded from the internet.  I'm not aware of the full impact of this, but you should right click on the zip file, choose properties, and then click Unlock.  Two of the sites I updated worked without having to do this, but one of them kept giving me an internal server error.  I finally unlocked the zip file, extracted all, and overrode the entire project and it started working.  I usually prefer zip to rar since they work natively in windows - this new "security feature" is something worth looking into more.

>> "We are working out a plan to make code contribution easier and we will communicate about as it is ready."

We're looking forward to hearing more about this!

>> "In the meantime, we ask you to send your contributions to the team. This will avoid redundancy of requests, produced code and modules and will help project leads better prioritize based on requirements and code availability."

Can you elaborate on how community members should go about submitting contributions?

We have started compiling a list of features and add-ons that we plan to build for nopCommerce.  It would be helpful if there was a clear list of items currently under development as well as items that are planned for near-term implementation.  Would you like us to post feature ideas on Codeplex, forums, etc?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.