nopCommerce 3.80 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
nop4you wrote:
Is it possible to made new category template view?
For this moment we may swich between grid and list (BTW - maybe it is time to move setting to catalog settings from advanced options?).

It would be nice, if we will be able to switch also between views like:
- one column (without any sidebar pannel)
- left sidebar (for this moment default view and only possible with standard installation)
- right sidebar
- left and right

Something like on the picture here

Thanks a lot for suggestion. Please find work items here, here, and here
7 years ago
At upcoming release it will be better to introduce one more Stored Procedure for order list of admin panel. It will like "ProductLoadAllPaged" and from admin panel user can enable it or stop it.
7 years ago
sina.islam wrote:
At upcoming release it will be better to introduce one more Stored Procedure for order list of admin panel. It will like "ProductLoadAllPaged" and from admin panel user can enable it or stop it.

Hi,

Why? Order list queries already works quite fast? It doesn't use any complex mapping. Please provide some example of what exactly should be optimized
7 years ago
embryo wrote:
The recent enhancements to the Affiliates system are great, and I think are a very good start. One thing I see come up in the forums are admins wanting to offer "co-branding" opportunities to their affiliates.

For example, affiliate URL's should have a landing page with uploaded "affiliate logo" and welcome text, and allow affiliates to specify which things will appear on his landing page...featured products, best sellers, his custom selections, etc..

Affiliate logo should appear on shopping cart page so the customer knows he is helping the affiliate...
Maybe ability for each affiliate to add special text to the OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification message template when his referred customer makes a purchase..and his logo.

+1
Maybe it can be handled with similar features as the vendors
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

Why? Order list queries already works quite fast? It doesn't use any complex mapping. Please provide some example of what exactly should be optimized

Hi Mr. Andree there is no doubt that, it is working faster and nopcommerce team make it as simple as possible. But think, a 4-5 years old shop which have thousands of orders and the developer customize I mean add some more search options then It performs little slow. Though it is not nopcommerce responsibility if anybody change the linq query. But Stored Procedure always perform faster than the linq query. From my personal opinion it will be also better to implement some stored procedure to perform "Export to Excel (all found)" and "Export to XML (all found)" functionality. I mean the excel or xml will be generated at sql server and the application will only responsible to download the generated excel and xml.
7 years ago
I would like to see a simple addition of Unit Of Measure for items sold.  For example, BOX, EACH, PIECE, PACK.  A customer of the site would then be able to see that an SKU is supplied in say a box of 100 or a pack of 25.  Currently in 3.70 you can use a specification attribute but you have to set up a value for the attribute like "Pack of 1", "Pack of 2", "Pack of 3" etc, which leads to many attribute values.

I cannot see Unit of Measure (UoM) in 3.80 and would love to see it on a roadmap.
7 years ago
I have cloned Nop 3.80 and test Admin page, it nice look and fast.

Font-End page it would be nicer if it has build-in theme at lease 2 a long with color choosing ability. Thus, store owner would be surprise when they see Nop 3.80 release in August.

On the other hand, Font-End page should be more focusing on user experience in the future.
7 years ago
Hi Andreï,

I noticed you changed the milestone for https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/27 ("Configurable shipping options and rates per vendor")... does it mean this (highly appreciated) feature won't be available in 3.80?
7 years ago
SB wrote:
Hi Andreï,

I noticed you changed the milestone for https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/27 ("Configurable shipping options and rates per vendor")... does it mean this (highly appreciated) feature won't be available in 3.80?

That's right
7 years ago
It would be nice if out of the box, the default theme had the sections from index.cshtml (below) that were 100% of the display width, like the nopCommerce.com website.  This is the more common appearance for today's mobile friendly / responsive sites.

<div class="page-body">
        @Html.Widget("home_page_top")
        @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "HomePageText" })
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_categories")
        @Html.Action("HomepageCategories", "Catalog")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_products")
        @Html.Action("HomepageProducts", "Product")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_best_sellers")
        @Html.Action("HomepageBestSellers", "Product")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_news")
        @Html.Action("HomePageNews", "News")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_before_poll")
        @Html.Action("HomePagePolls", "Poll")
        @Html.Widget("home_page_bottom")
    </div>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.