nopCommerce 3.80 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
mujju wrote:
so...if they fix MLM in Nopcommerce 3.80. We no need to go with extension/plugins right???

Right, but it could possibly be 2 or 3 or 4 versions of nopCommerce before your suggestion is added (or never) This depends on how many other users also want the feature you are suggesting, and if the development team believes it would be worth the time.
7 years ago
I see it as a work order and it was (sort of ) briefly mentioned up thread, but the big thing, for me, is proper UPS pricing as per my account.  With my current website, each shipment I send out takes the all the information my customer gives me (plus the info about the shipment), sends it off to UPS, who compares it to my specific pricing, then returns my exact cost.  From there, I'm given the option to do what I want with the price (add on a fee an/or percent).  With nop, it's almost like I get some random number back.  I haven't actually checked to see if it's 'random customer' pricing, but sometimes it's closer, sometimes it's much higher and sometimes it's much lower.  So far, I can't even seem to fine an (elegant/easy) workaround to the issue.
It's a big drawback for me.

Also, ISTM, some of the things that I have to buy and spend time writing lines of code and testing (with the great help of New York) of Shipping Manager, seems like they should be built in.  

For the record, my new site isn't even live yet and I like it more than the old software, these are just a few things I've noticed as I've been building it.
7 years ago
Joey P wrote:
I see it as a work order and it was (sort of ) briefly mentioned up thread, but the big thing, for me, is proper UPS pricing as per my account.  With my current website, each shipment I send out takes the all the information my customer gives me (plus the info about the shipment), sends it off to UPS, who compares it to my specific pricing, then returns my exact cost.  From there, I'm given the option to do what I want with the price (add on a fee an/or percent).  With nop, it's almost like I get some random number back.  I haven't actually checked to see if it's 'random customer' pricing, but sometimes it's closer, sometimes it's much higher and sometimes it's much lower.  So far, I can't even seem to fine an (elegant/easy) workaround to the issue.
It's a big drawback for me.

Also, ISTM, some of the things that I have to buy and spend time writing lines of code and testing (with the great help of New York) of Shipping Manager, seems like they should be built in.  

For the record, my new site isn't even live yet and I like it more than the old software, these are just a few things I've noticed as I've been building it.

As far as UPS goes, I too, have noticed much inconsistency with their returned rates of late. Orders from my site with exactly the same weight and origin/destination zip codes are seeing fluctuating rates returned.

I suspect that their Rating API calculations are now so dependent on factoring dimensional weight, that the purely weight-based calculations have un-predictable results.

When you say "as per my account", are you saying that you want the rates returned to reflect your company's discount, rather than displaying "counter" pricing?
7 years ago
marc wrote:
What is the best Visual Studio to use for 3.80 - I had a problem loading the .csproj file for the Nop.Web project with Visual Studio 2015 Community, should I try with Visual Studio 2013?

I have had to downgrade to Visual Studio 2012.

can I just ask before I try again, is anyone using the free visual studio 2015 community with the nopcomemrce version available on github?

Hi Marc,

I just fetched the latest devel branch changes and compiled the project without issues with the latest Visual Studio 2015 Community (Update 2). Make sure you have a clean .csproj file with no merge conflicts.
7 years ago
Maybe it's possible to "marks" "grouped products?

Now many of my clients doesn't know this is grouped product, which where are variants. If we can "mark" "grouped product" on a list products, then there is more possible to client buy.

There shouldn't be "Od 13 $" but "See variants" or smth like this?

What you are thinking about?
7 years ago
embryo wrote:

When you say "as per my account", are you saying that you want the rates returned to reflect your company's discount, rather than displaying "counter" pricing?

I'd like it to return my negotiated rates.  It's difficult when, for example, the software returns $15, I apply my charges to that and charge a customer $20 for shipping, but in reality I might only be paying $10.  

I believe ASPDNSF, the cart I'm moving away from, does handles this the way it's supposed to.

Since it just returns the normal rates everyone gets (I think), why does nop ask for my username/password/access key? Does it actually do anything with that information or is it just future proofing?
7 years ago
I'd be drooled if Nop can integrate something like http://www.layoutit.com/
7 years ago
Joey P wrote:
...I'd like it to return my negotiated rates.  
Since it just returns the normal rates everyone gets (I think), why does nop ask for my username/password/access key? Does it actually do anything with that information or is it just future proofing?

There is a workitem for UPS negotiated rates.  It is assigned to 3.80, but that may not guarantee that it will be included.

Calling the UPS API requires the "username/password/access key" regardless.
7 years ago
Joey P wrote:

I'd like it to return my negotiated rates.  It's difficult when, for example, the software returns $15, I apply my charges to that and charge a customer $20 for shipping, but in reality I might only be paying $10.  

I believe ASPDNSF, the cart I'm moving away from, does handles this the way it's supposed to.

Passing on your company's savings to your customer is not as common as you might think. I think that most site admins like the idea of actually considering any extra revenue collected for shipping as profit, and thus, prefer to display normal counter rates to their customers...it is, in fact, a discount that the store owner has earned...not his customer.

I played around a little bit with these two settings in the UPS plugin configuration last night and was surprised to see varying rates returned...some considerably less than others, though I am not certain it was our negotiated rates:

UPS Customer Classification
UPS Pickup Type

Also....
If you know exactly how much less your negotiated rates are than the displayed counter rates (in percentage), you could use a plugin like ShippingDirector to dynamically adjust/reduce the returned rates by that exact percentage.

UPS username/access keys are required of any merchant that wants to be able to fetch rates via their API. Whether you use nopCommerce or not...just a UPS requirement.
7 years ago
Google just luanch a new tool to test website and mobile speed and other feature, please test Nop 3.80 here. It's great. I test my site it best with mobile design but speed is slow for mobile and i also test https://www.nopcommerce.com/ it's slow for mobile speed too.

testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.