NopAdmin - Fast, Easy and Convenient NopCommerce Administration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,
I just wanted to let folks know that we just released a batch of upgrades to NopAdmin versions 1.60, 1.70, and 1.80 that clients have requested - including the ability to import and assign multiple images per product, assign multiple categories per product and assign a manufacturer to a product in a single Excel file.    Here is a summary of the upgrades:

NopAdmin Excel Import (version 1.80 only)
Upload and assign multiple images (i.e. img1.jpg;img2.jpg;img3.jpg), multiple categories (i.e. 30;31;38;52), and a manufacturer on a per product basis in Excel.  Also performs all the normal product creation/update functions.  Turn off/on image assignments, category assignments and manufacturers assignments on a per product basis.   Runs a test to validates manufacturerID's, categoryID's, image file names and permissions before uploading to live database.

- Drag and Drop Multiple Products at once to Category Assignments
- Drag and Drop Multiple Products at once to Manufacturer Assignments
- Category and Subcategory administration (add,change,delete) on a single screen
- Manufacturer administration (add, change, delete) on a single screen
- Perform Mass Administration functions (remove all images, remove image mappings, remove variants with no products, delete all products and more)
- Existing clients need not request a new license, just download and install then apply your old license

Please take a look at our Features page for more information.  FREE trial.

Thanks - please email [email protected] if you have bug reports or questions!

Respectfully,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
Good work Shawn.
Do I just download nopadmin like I did before and add the license file in?
13 years ago
okay so i did download nopadmin and installed it like i did before and i do see the changes but i don’t see how to upload images in to a folder and not the database and assign them.
13 years ago
Hi Naman,  glad to see you downloaded the new release!

I'm working on some documentation / how-to videos for the new features in NopAdmin Import.  To answer your question - for images stored in the local file system and not the database, NopAdmin Import will create and store images  in c:\program files\nopadmin\webSiteImages.  You will need to FTP these images to your NopCommerce store in the ~\images folder.  

Hope this helps -
Shawn
13 years ago
Thanks Shawn,
The excel sheet that nopcommerce has does not have a place for images or categories.  Do i need to add them in?  
I’m not sure what i need to do.
13 years ago
Naman,  you're correct - you cannot use the NopCommerce Excel Import file for NopAdmin Import.  The NopCommerce excel file is missing the fields NopAdmin Import (imagepath, imagename, categories, manufacturers, etc) needs.  Open the Excel import in Nopadmin, then generate a new sample format using the button "Generate NopAdmin Import Sample" on the bottom of that screen.  This will give you a spreadsheet of the demo products in Nopcommerce.  The fields you that are new are highlighted in blue and have some example values in them.  Mouse over each blue header to view complete comments about each field so you get familiar with the values for each field and how to use them.   You can copy those blue columns into your existing spreadsheet as needed or start building your own spreadsheet from this sample file.

Hope this helps

Shawn
13 years ago
I can not get the import to work for the new version of 1.8. Everytime i go to import Windows says the program stopped working. I opened it up in VS Debugger and I get the following error: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I also tried importing the example template and it does the same thing.

I am running Win7 X64 Ultimate.

Everything worked fine with my import on my old 1.6 version i used the other day.
13 years ago
Hi Sternyy,

Sorry for the trouble.  The cpu compile option changed on Nopadmin 1.80 and I did not see it when the project was built.  I uploaded a version that works on 64 bit machines - please download and install it.  This version allows the Import feature to read the excel file and import and assign images, categories and manufacturers  properly.  

Thanks
Shawn
13 years ago
Feed back on the NopAdmin - it is great... saved us loads of time and also use it everyday...

We have now 23,000 products and over 470 brands - and i update the stock level and prices - daily.... so running like a Web Services feed, and good for daily updates... Our upload times - upload data (test mode 2 hours) to the LIVE server 4.5 hours... but all this is running in the background (note..not uploading images - if so would say over night...). The licence version is great can upload in ONE excel spreadsheet..... The other functions are great as well - fast for assigning to a category - drag and drop - so customers can easy add products to the requested category... (but you can also add them in your upload - assign Category and Manufacturer... If the client changes there mind - easy to update....)

Will be using the SEO features of the upload soon... As we can change seo meta tags each day...so the spiders can get loads of info...

Thaks Shawn - will be in touch with our working feedback - how to search / download a excel spreadsheet for missing images... so we can then just use the Import XLS solution... for these - think it will make a nice addition, your thoughts or road map would be cool...

Keep up the good work
Simon
13 years ago
I wonder if Shawn can make the upload time any faster on nopadmin!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.