NopAdmin - Fast, Easy and Convenient NopCommerce Administration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
A lot faster than a manual upload...      

Might be slow - due to my connection speed and the computer i use to upload - it is not process / ram on it... - but ideal for background updating. We are hosted on a shared server as well.  

Overall impressed with NopAdmin and NopCommerce. The community for the ecommerce is great and I learn something new each day...
13 years ago
Hi Simon@cityvouchers -

Thanks so much for the kind words on this forum, I am glad to hear that NopAdmin has been a benefit to you.   Keep your ideas coming, I appreciate them very much.   Thanks so much for your business!
Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
Hi Naman:
Thanks for your suggestion to make the image upload times faster (I presume when you are uploading multiple images in the Import Excel feature??).  I know with the amount of data you have it would help you a lot.   I actually do have some ideas to try out to decrease upload times, if they work I'll put them in the next version of NopAdmin.   Thanks for your business!
Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
It's that time again....

NopAdmin  and NopAdmin Import for NopCommerce 1.90 have been released and are available for immediate download and trial of up to 50 products.

NopAdmin 1.90 has been fully tested with NopCommerce 1.90 and improved to allow you to isolate products that do not yet have images, with future enhancements coming.

NopAdmin Import 1.90 (available as a standalone or as part of NopAdmin) has been improved to not only allow you to upload and assign multiple images, multiple categories, and a manufacturer but now also uploads and assigns the product variant image, all from an Excel spreadsheet.  
More videos on NopAdmin and NopAdmin Import are coming!

We've also implemented a development and production license policy,  allowing you to use NopAdmin to fully develop and test under one license, then get a production license for your store at no charge.  

Have questions?  Contact Us or go to www.nopadmin.com

Respectfully,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
Hi

I'm a Windows developer in the main and I was going to write something like this but if I can buy it for $50 then why write it. So I just downloaded the trial with a view to buying copies for our ecommerce customers but I have to say I am really unimpressed with the product.

It flashes from screen to screen, has no intuitive interface and you have to close down the app once you open the config screen. It looks like a college project (year 2 at the most) and I have no faith that you have ever worked as a professional developer prior to writing  this. I also find the 'delete all' feature a bit scary. If I gave this to an employee and they got the grumps with me they could (seemingly) remove all my products. As a high level admin feature maybe but as a general one?

You have a huge amount of work to do to make this a pro project. I would highly recommend that you go back to the drawing board and open the code and invite other developers to help you. As it stands I do still need to write my own. I know a load of you like this product, but I found it to be amaturish and of poor quality.

Regards
Phil
13 years ago
swalsh46711 wrote:
I'm a Windows developer in the main and I was going to write something like this but if I can buy it for $50 then why write it. So I just downloaded the trial with a view to buying copies for our ecommerce customers but I have to say I am really unimpressed with the product.

It flashes from screen to screen, has no intuitive interface and you have to close down the app once you open the config screen. It looks like a college project (year 2 at the most) and I have no faith that you have ever worked as a professional developer prior to writing  this. I also find the 'delete all' feature a bit scary. If I gave this to an employee and they got the grumps with me they could (seemingly) remove all my products. As a high level admin feature maybe but as a general one?

You have a huge amount of work to do to make this a pro project. I would highly recommend that you go back to the drawing board and open the code and invite other developers to help you. As it stands I do still need to write my own. I know a load of you like this product, but I found it to be amaturish and of poor quality.

Regards
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your comments, most of them were helpful.  I do agree with you to some extent - there are better ways to implement a more effective UI, and I've received  a lot of constructive suggestions to make a better UI.  As I'm sure you know, many times what you start out with is not always the best solution by the time you get done with an application.  With the old adage "hindsight is 20/20", I've been sketching out some designs of a different UI.

The $50 product that you refer to , NopAdmin Import, is to be used for the initial load of a store by an admin and is not intended for long-term maintenance by an employee or anyone else.   Hence, the delete all functionality is there to allow one to quickly re-initialize their store and not have to manually type sql commands.  

Your comments regarding my experience level offer no benefit other than to degrade me personally and  I feel are unprofessional and unnecessary in this forum.    

Your suggestion to make NopAdmin open source is actually one I've been considering, as there is a lot of talent in the members of this community.  Since NopAdmin was originally intended to help folks quickly load and manage their nopCommerce stores - and if going open source would help accomplish this objective - the suggestion makes sense.  So what's the best approach to doing this?   I may pose this question in another topic if and when the time arises.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
I don’t want to take away any credits from or offend anyone.  
The image uploading/admin program has been a hot topic for some time now and it is something that we all need and will use.  The problem is no one has come up with a program, a “pro quality” program that works with all nopcommerce versions.  Aside from nopadmin there is another group that is working on the same thing but it only works with V1.8 or V1.9.  There is another person that has made a picture uploader but it’s just not fast enough and will take a long time to drag and drop one picture at a time when you have 30k products with 3 images each.  (fyi: V1.6 is the best version to use that does not require full trust which is what I use.  Newer versions require full trust which no all of us have the ability to give the program).  So In other words there are a lot of “my program is better than yours” and “I don’t like yours because I can do better” but yet no one has come up with anything that will function very well for V1.1 through V1.9 without any restrictions.  nopAdmin has come the closest to getting it right.

I wish you all the best.
13 years ago
namannassar wrote:
I don’t want to take away any credits from or offend anyone.  
The image uploading/admin program has been a hot topic for some time now and it is something that we all need and will use.  The problem is no one has come up with a program, a “pro quality” program that works with all nopcommerce versions.  Aside from nopadmin there is another group that is working on the same thing but it only works with V1.8 or V1.9.  There is another person that has made a picture uploader but it’s just not fast enough and will take a long time to drag and drop one picture at a time when you have 30k products with 3 images each.  (fyi: V1.6 is the best version to use that does not require full trust which is what I use.  Newer versions require full trust which no all of us have the ability to give the program).  So In other words there are a lot of “my program is better than yours” and “I don’t like yours because I can do better” but yet no one has come up with anything that will function very well for V1.1 through V1.9 without any restrictions.  nopAdmin has come the closest to getting it right.

I wish you all the best.

I'll see if I can block 2 weeks in the late spring / early summer to get some kind of working but untested prototype together. What would you want the app to do given that you would want to upload 30,000 products and 100,000 images. I know how I would lay it out, but how would you want it laid out (a simple pencil drawing is usually fine for this kind of thing). What would the mechanics be of adding this many products with product options and the like be?

I'm happy to work with any and all and share what come out. All the windows apps I have written use infragistics controls so if I/we were going to use them for this then this would be a barrier to making the source open (controls are about $1000). This flip to this is the windows controls I have seen to date (not worked in 2010 before) have been poor, Microsoft certainly don't use them.

I am open to suggestions, but before I get too carried away, should this be on a new topic?
13 years ago
Shawn

Does nopadmin / import handle variants and attributes / specifications? I can't exactly see how to do it. I have up to 60 variants per product with different attributes.

Regards

Max
13 years ago
Hi Max,

We're receiving a lot of requests for product attribute handling and specifications, so it's in the works for the next version of NopAdmin 1.90.  The unlimited attribute handling within nopCommerce is a complicated logic set (kudos to Andrei and the other nopC developers) and we have not tackled it yet.  However, as I mentioned we're getting more requests for it - we're hoping to get it done  for NopAdmin 2.00.  

You can use NopAdmin to populate the rest of your product information such as images, categories, category assignments, variants and more however, then use the nopCommerce administration to populate the attributes and specifications although with the numbers you mentioned am aware of the time involved.  

Hope this helps, and thanks for asking.

Kind Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.