Developer roadmap - 1. Moving to MVC. Your thoughts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've downloaded and ran changeset 9abe71c5445f. There's an issue in DependencyRegistrar where it tries to create a HttpContextWrapper from HttpContext.Current when called from the task manager: HttpContext.Current is null in that case.

A quick workaround could be to check if HttpContext.Current is null before registering the HttpContextWrapper.
12 years ago
asoares wrote:
I've downloaded and ran changeset 9abe71c5445f. There's an issue in DependencyRegistrar where it tries to create a HttpContextWrapper from HttpContext.Current when called from the task manager: HttpContext.Current is null in that case.

A quick workaround could be to check if HttpContext.Current is null before registering the HttpContextWrapper.

Filed as a bug. Thanks!
12 years ago
Hi,

In nop 2.0, i don't think people like the way you guys force users to create product and then must come back to map associated categories or manufacturers to the product.

In real business, no one wants to spend that much time to update all info with too many steps.

Could we have better logic in here ?

Btw, why not use a free open source grid like Jqgrid, i see there's a strong support for it in MVC

Thanks.
Nam Vo.
12 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
In real business, no one wants to spend that much time to update all info with too many steps.
Could we have better logic in here ?

Thanks. We'll think about the optimization of the user interaction.

congthanhgiong wrote:
Btw, why not use a free open source grid like Jqgrid, i see there's a strong support for it in MVC

MVC helpers for jqgrid are not free. We chosen Telerik because it's really good and it's the only one grid that has MVC helpers. I don't think that there're a lot of developers who want to work with JSON
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
MVC helpers for jqgrid are not free. We chosen Telerik because it's really good and it's the only one grid that has MVC helpers. I don't think that there're a lot of developers who want to work with JSON

For the type of RAD development needed for the admin backend JQgrid would be a heavy burden, it can be used from MVC but in order to do so you need to plumb a lot of javascript and JSON, it´s better to use a grid with MVC helpers since it requires less code and it's easier to mantain.
12 years ago
Hi,

Yes i know it's not really fun to work with raw jqgrid. I found on codeplex the MVC helper for jqgrid, from another Russian project :D,

http://tpeczek.blogspot.com/2011/03/jqgrid-and-aspnet-mvc-strongly-typed.html
12 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
Hi,

Yes i know it's not really fun to work with raw jqgrid. I found on codeplex the MVC helper for jqgrid, from another Russian project :D,

http://tpeczek.blogspot.com/2011/03/jqgrid-and-aspnet-mvc-strongly-typed.html

Interesting implementation, it's worth to give it a try, but since it's a new library it's still better to use a more robust one and with more support and background, at least for the Nopcommerce project, but I would definitely try it in one of my own projects.
12 years ago
hey guys

is it possible to add a "click" button within the configuration to enable ssl for the entire site ????
12 years ago
gfadel wrote:
is it possible to add a "click" button within the configuration to enable ssl for the entire site ????

Thanks! It'll a work item for this task
12 years ago
gfadel wrote:
hey guys

What could be the purpose of this? Doesent it make the site slower?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.