Developer roadmap - 1. Moving to MVC. Your thoughts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've seen in this forum many requests about OpenID but with no clear answers about.
OPENID is a commonly available feature on website these days.

this is workitem http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7699

when it will be available in nopcommerce? can you plz add this in nop2.0 mvc?
12 years ago
I would prefer Facebook integration, like Wordpress blogs.

SOmething like TheFind.com
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
I've seen in this forum many requests about OpenID but with no clear answers about.

OpenID will not be implemented in 2.00.
P.S. This forum topic is not the best place to request information about features other than MVC.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

P.S. This forum topic is not the best place to request information about features other than MVC.

sorry for that
i created new topic here so you can delete my post from here
www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10409/openid-with-nop.aspx
thnx
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
OpenID will not be implemented in 2.00.

I believe that a good strategy for the project will be for the main team to concentrate on the framework and allow other external developers to contribute with build plug-ins for things like different authentication platforms, if the main team have to use their time on doing those things it will slow everything down.

I would be glad to help with plugins for version 2.0, but it would be nice if the main team take 1 hour of their precious time and make a blog post/PDF/whatever that sets the guidelines for building those plug-ins.
12 years ago
progresivo wrote:

I would be glad to help with plugins for version 2.0, but it would be nice if the main team take 1 hour of their precious time and make a blog post/PDF/whatever that sets the guidelines for building those plug-ins.

I second that!
12 years ago
I know the time frame is June/July but seeing as it is about to turn into July do we have a more firm idea on a date yet?  Are we still looking good for July?

Any idea of when in July?  Thanks so much for all of your hard work.  Truly Appreciated!
12 years ago
phuff34 wrote:
I know the time frame is June/July but seeing as it is about to turn into July do we have a more firm idea on a date yet?  Are we still looking good for July?

nopCommerce 2.00 BETA will be released in 6-7 days.
12 years ago
So I assume the database side will not have any breaking changes. I am currently populating databases for two clients and am hopeful I will be able to upgrade to 2.00 without a problem. Please let us know if that is not the case.

I am looking forward to the MVC release and on a side note (deviating a little from the topic), I second what someone else mentioned before, you should really look into improving on the developer documentation front. This project would grow exponentially with better guidance on that end.

Thanks and great work!
12 years ago
madestro wrote:
So I assume the database side will not have any breaking changes. I am currently populating databases for two clients and am hopeful I will be able to upgrade to 2.00 without a problem. Please let us know if that is not the case.

Sure. Upgrade utility from 1.90 will also be provided
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.