nopCommerce v2.30 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
ricardo wrote:
Hello Andrei.
Guests have the option to vote in the polls, or is only for registered?

Only registered customer can vote.
P.S. I think it's better to create a new forum topic for questions like this one
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I think the official solution could be made much more powerful and versatile with some small changes:
Thanks. I've just created a work item for this task.

Andrei,

Here's a patch that enhances the default plugin with flexible computation capability.

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/Download/AttachmentDownload.ashx?ProjectName=nopcommerce&WorkItemId=10367&FileAttachmentId=379870

Now its Total Shipping = Fixed Cost + Weight * RatePerWeightUnit + Subtotal * PercentageRateOfSubtotal ..

I've got this up and running on my site (ksiegarniainternetowa.de)

Filip
11 years ago
fkierzek wrote:
I think the official solution could be made much more powerful and versatile with some small changes:
Thanks. I've just created a work item for this task.

Andrei,

Here's a patch that enhances the default plugin with flexible computation capability.

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/Download/AttachmentDownload.ashx?ProjectName=nopcommerce&WorkItemId=10367&FileAttachmentId=379870

Now its Total Shipping = Fixed Cost + Weight * RatePerWeightUnit + Subtotal * PercentageRateOfSubtotal ..

I've got this up and running on my site (ksiegarniainternetowa.de)

Filip

Thumbs up Filip!!

It could be very much improved if you add a new parameter:

Total Shipping = Fixed Cost + (Weight  - LowerWeightLimit) * RatePerWeightUnit + Subtotal * PercentageRateOfSubtotal

When charching by bracket shipping companies do it like this:
0 - 5kg $3
5 - 10kg $3 + $0.50 per extra kg --->in this case ExtraKg= Weight - LowerWeightLimit

LowerWeightLimit can be left = 0, in case the charge for the bracket is by total weight and not by extra weight.
11 years ago
fkierzek wrote:
Here's a patch that enhances the default plugin with flexible computation capability

Thanks, Filip
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:

Total Shipping = Fixed Cost + (Weight  - LowerWeightLimit) * RatePerWeightUnit + Subtotal * PercentageRateOfSubtotal

0 - 5kg $3
5 - 10kg $3 + $0.50 per extra kg --->in this case ExtraKg= Weight - LowerWeightLimit

LowerWeightLimit can be left = 0, in case the charge for the bracket is by total weight and not by extra weight.

You're absolutely right .. must have drank too little coffee yesterday ... not it's just a matter of a change to one line of code :-) but for official release you're right it needs to go the way you say .. this should be peanuts should be peanuts to Andrei should he choose to include it in the official branch.

BTW - the official plugin required very little change .. w already had field for % subtotal and weight rate .. just needed to take out the use percentage switch as we're taking both into account both of the times. The only thing that needed adding was the FixedCost field in the database.

Filip
11 years ago
fkierzek wrote:

0 - 5kg $3

You're absolutely right .. must have drank too little coffee yesterday ... not it's just a matter of a change to one line of code :-) but for official release you're right it needs to go the way you say .. this should be peanuts should be peanuts to Andrei should he choose to include it in the official branch.

BTW - the official plugin required very little change .. w already had field for % subtotal and weight rate .. just needed to take out the use percentage switch as we're taking both into account both of the times. The only thing that needed adding was the FixedCost field in the database.

Filip

Great!!!
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
...shipping by weight...

Hi Eduardo,

Please see changeset c841d03a0237. Also see this work item (LowerWeightLimit not added yet)
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Also see this work item (LowerWeightLimit not added yet)

Done. Please see changeset 9ff9e566ba55
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...shipping by weight...
Hi Eduardo,

Please see changeset c841d03a0237. Also see this work item (LowerWeightLimit not added yet)

Great!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.