nopCommerce 2.60 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I've seen this happen in codeplex on occasion; using Chrome browser, I launch codeplex in an Incognito window, and then it works.
11 years ago
worked fine for me , downloaded using chrome , no issues
11 years ago
I guess.  I am so used to Chrome..  Strange Chrome still is giving me same message on the link, BUT IE was able to go to the page.  Nevertheless I have the code and if anyone else has the same issue in Chrome can try IE.

Execula
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
IMPORTANT: We are going to release nopCommerce 2.60 in several days ..

That's great news Andrei!
We will test it in the weekend and give you feedback.

Many thanks!
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
IMPORTANT: We are going to release nopCommerce 2.60 in several days. It would be really great if you could help us to test it before it's finally released. Please get the latest version here and give it a try. Thanks.

I just finished downloading and installing the latest version of nopCommerce from codeplex.

Andrei,

The new version looks great and the enhancements are making nopcommerce a solid open source ecommerce solution.

1) Ajax cart looks amazing (hover over the "Shopping Cart" to see the items in the cart) - This feature has certainly improved the cart and made it more user friendly.

2) Auto complete feature in search box looks great and make the search feature much more user-friendly and easy to search products

3) Performance wise, it looks great and very fast / responsive

Suggestions

1) It seems like auto-complete feature ONLY works for search box on the header (main menu) - Please correct me if I am wrong.

The search page doesn't support auto-complete feature and I think this feature should be available through out the website (search box as well as search page).

2) Blog section - In a lot of online stores, the store admin gives privilege to marketing people (using ACL) to update Blog and news. Right now I see in the demo blog post, at the end, within the post the user has to write
"By Jayashree Pakhare (buzzle.com)" if they wanna display the person who posted the post.

These days majority of blog post comes with the option at the end of the blog post like "Author: name of the user who created the blog post" and "Short description about the author"...

This feature is important when there are multiple users updating the blog and news about the store. So I guess it would be great to have this option in future. This is a completely a marketing related feature cuz in a store blog and news helps in marketing of the products.

I will continue testing this new version of nopcommerce and I'll post later with more updates...
11 years ago
Andrei, I agree with abcd on the blog enhancements. Not only are blog posts used for marketing, but for SEO as well. It would also be great (and I know this has been mentioned before) to be able to have a short description for a blog post. This would work much like a category page. So on the main blog page, it would have the title, date, author (profile pic would be nice as well), and short description for each blog post. Then after clicking on the title of the blog post you want to read, it would have the full post with the author name and their profile pic at the bottom of the post. Maybe even integrating the signature that's used in forums would work and just pull the profile pic in. But I think that those things would suffice most requests I've seen about blog enhancements in nop.

I love nop though and can't wait to see 2.6!
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,
The nopCommerce 2.60 is much better then the previews version on possibilities and performance too.
Ajax cart and auto complete feature looks amazing and made nop more user friendly.

Question:
New widget system implementation is for sure beter but I think that the old interface IWidgetPlugin implementation with:

void GetConfigurationRoute(int widgetId, out string actionName, out string controllerName, out RouteValueDictionary routeValues);
and
void GetDisplayWidgetRoute(int widgetId, out string actionName, out string controllerName, out RouteValueDictionary routeValues);

allows us to add more than one widget of the same type (ex:banner widget or BlockHtml widget) even on the same widgetZone.
Ex from Available Widget Plugins->Add to zone->  /Admin/Widget/Create?systemName=Widgets.BlockHtml

Is it ανυ equivalent operation on the 2.60 to add widgets on widgetZone?  May be I am wrong but I see only Edit no more Add to zone

Friendly,
Ioannis
11 years ago
gogosweb wrote:

New widget system implementation...

Right. You cannot have more than one widget for the same zone (it's quite rare scenario). But you can have more than one widget for distinct zones. Simply return several zone names from IWidgetPlugin.GetWidgetZones() method.
11 years ago
Andrei,
One common scenario where you need more than one widget on the same zone  is banner widget or BlockHtml widget.

Let say you want to set a blockhtml widget on right_side_column_before zone and you need a second one on right_side_column_after zone.

Is it any way to do it with the New widget system implementation?

You can dublicate the plugin with different names (Nop.Plugin.Widgets.BlockHtml1 and Nop.Plugin.Widgets.BlockHtml2) but I think is not the solution.
11 years ago
Andrei,

I think the biggest problem is when you want to add more than one widget on the same zone

Let say you want to set a blockhtml widget on right_side_column_before zone and you need a second one on the same zone.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.