nopCommerce 2.60 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
No, tier pricing are discounts for higher amounts, right?

Here when we use credit card to shop, we can split the amount into monthly values, with or without interest rate.

So for my total order i can see spliting options as i described. This is all handled by the credit card companies.

Lets say that i selected 10 parts of a order of U$ 500,00 without rate.

Then, for 10 months i will receive in my statement the value of U$ 50,00.

The easy support for this feature is the ONLY thing that prevents NopCommerce to be used widely in Brazil, because ALL shops, physical or virtual, must do this.

As a developer, i need to control the presentation of this options from a Plugin and maybe a widget or something, for visual changes.

I can help you with the development.
Do you mean payments by installments? I've just created a work item here. Please vote.

Take into account the following:
1) It might be a minimum purchased amount to accept this payment method
2) There should be a formula to calculate the instalements. Example Pn=T/n * Kn where Pn is the monthly amount to pay when the Total (T) will be payed in n installments; and Pn is a factor to reflect the financial cost for delaying payment in those n installments.
3) It is very common that the factor Kn will vary from bank (issuer bank of the card) to bank; so it might have to be enhaced to Knb and the customer must select the bank.
12 years ago
Paypal Express plugin to become a standard plugin would be great for 2.60.
12 years ago
Hello there!

Nice work on Nop!!

About Azure Support, it would be nice if it was possible to have the frontend and the admin completely apart! This would help on having several instances for the frontend (which is more used) than the admin (which is far less used, talking about the number of total visitors...) Does this makes sense?

The overal structure would be:
a) One web role for the frontend (shop), with 1 or several instances
b) One web role for the backend (admin), with 1 or 2 instances
c) One shared sql azure database
d) One cache config for session management
e) One blob config for IO operations

If needed, I can provide you guys with development help if needed. Let me know.

Best regards!

Hamilton.
12 years ago
I like the idea of seperating the Admin from the Frontend, but Azure should be a seperate and optional feature. Personally, I think Microsoft is just trying to find ways to charge business monthly and control the world's data. Unfortunately, it is inevitable that Microsoft or some other major corporation will control the majority of the world's data..
12 years ago
Agree, Azure can be an optional, not a "have to" one.
most people using normal hosting plan.

I still think focusing on system architect and extensibility have the highest priority than any other features.
12 years ago
I agree with nopDev.
12 years ago
I fully agree with nopdev too.
12 years ago
SkateMob will be contributing product Image Zoom and picture file name SEO enhancements for this release.
12 years ago
Hi,

I have a few questions about the upcoming version of nopcommerce(2.6).

1. When does version 2.6 is supposed to be released?

2. Azure Support-

- Can i run multiple instances of the store(with the same database) and the azure does load balancing?

- If the application run on grid platform, what implication does it have on me as developer(caching issues etc..)?

Thank you
12 years ago
saba wrote:
1. When does version 2.6 is supposed to be released?

2. Azure Support-

- Can i run multiple instances of the store(with the same database) and the azure does load balancing?

- If the application run on grid platform, what implication does it have on me as developer(caching issues etc..)?

1. See the original post
2. We haven't started working on this task yet. That's why I can't answer it right now
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.