Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Tim, I appreciate your observation, and I do understand your viewpoint on the matter. It really is a matter of setting expectations appropriately; part of my role here is to help with that, and assist where I can.  

The Personal Plan is accurate in its description of those aspects; however, the dimensions of requirements for an e-commerce site are much more complex.

I would always strongly recommend that users wanting to launch a business site, such as an e-commerce application, implement their online presence using a hosting plan that's commensurate with their business needs.
11 years ago
I am not sure if this is still the case but NopCommerce advertises Arvixe as a preferred host. I think they should put a little sign next to it that says "If you get a VPS" or something like that.

In all fairness, we cannot blame Arvixe only. If my site does not have that many hits, I should be able to host it in a shared plan. The issue is that nopCommerce is too heavy. I mean, a brand new site with only sample products already runs slow. I am not sure what caching scheme they have in place but it seems to work best when you have higher traffic levels. Then again, what site starts with high traffic levels?...

That being said, I was able to run my site in AccuWebHosting on a cloud account for $7.xx a month and it ran better.
11 years ago
When you talk performance even  on its "I'll Test It Plan" nopCommerce install is all super easy with Arvixe but then running with 1 user only a couple of products and getting 10-15 second page loads you can only get a negative impression.

Personally I think nop is mad to even advertise and associate with Arvixe as it gives a very bad first impression to someone just trying it out.

I run nop now on a dedicated server and it works great with no huge problems but lucky I stayed with it, with the first impression Arvixe gave me of nop many wouldn't bother.
11 years ago
We moved from Arvixe to Softsys a couple of months ago.  The performance increase (ON A SHARED PLAN) was incredible.  The Arvixe SQL server our DB was on had just under 900 databases to handle.  Our site on two occasions was down for days with Arvixe (if the server is down, I don't think it matters what plan you're on) ;-)

It was not uncommon as others have mentioned to have 10 second page loads.  With Softsys, they are about instantaneous.  At Arvixe, you could do a DB backup, but not a restore.  The script would crash (had always been that way for almost two years).  The last outage, Arvixe indicated that it was our database (corrupt) We moved to Softsys after backing up that corrupt database and had the site up and running in 45 minutes (having done a restore with that database).  Emails to support during the setup were answered an an average of about 7 minutes.  After that a request for an SSL was also handled swiftly.  It was very obvious that there was good communication between departments and individuals at Softsys.  As well as me ;-)
11 years ago
Tangopdx wrote:
...Softsys a couple of months ago.  The performance increase (ON A SHARED PLAN) was incredible...

Hi,

It is good to meet someone else who uses SoftSys Hosting as well!  That is the hosting company I use.  I am surprised that more people don't give them try.  I think their supper fast technical support is what truly sets them apart.  

Also, I think that due to the fact that they clearly state how much space and bandwidth you get on each plan, they are able to keep their servers from getting over loaded.  I know that that is one of the reasons I originally went with SoftSys Hosting.  I liked knowing exactly what I was getting.

If anyone is looking for a fast, reliable, shared hosting plan for a nopcommerce store with amazing technical support, go with SoftSys!
11 years ago
Don't waste your time or money with Arvixe.
They have no idea on how to deal with NOPCommerce.
Two months in Business class hosting I had nothing but problems.

Total waste of time.
11 years ago
I'm sorry you had issues with Business Class hosting; Arvixe is working to identify the needs of nopCommerce users, and to adjust their hosting plans appropriately. As a VPS customer, I've been fortunate to not experience these issues; I used shared hosting with a previous provider, and it was always an utter headache for the nopCommerce client sites. I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you're having a hosting issue with nopCommerce and Arvixe, please contact me, and I'll do my best to escalate and resolve your issue.
11 years ago
I have my site running on http://discountasp.net/ since 2011 (back then, I got some free months of service because of installing nopcommerce :) ).
I have recently upgraded everything to Win2012 Servers free of charge to be able to use the NopCommerce 2.8 version... and really, I never had a problem.
I am planning to put a new "bigger" site now based on my experience with my current e-shop.
11 years ago
Tangopdx wrote:
We moved from Arvixe to Softsys a couple of months ago.  

I too moved to SoftSys a couple of weeks ago and I am happy with them until the moment. I tried AccuWebHosting and Somee.com before I finally get my 2GB VPS with SoftSys. I haven't tried SoftSys shared hosting, but I expect it should be good and reliable. You may also want to try JodoHost for shared hosting. I have been with them for more than two years. They are excellent. I just couldn't afford their VPS packages which were way beyond my budget. However, their shared hosting prices are the same as the industry average ($3 and up)

I faced several network disconnections with AccuWebHosting. It wasn't uncommon to get my RDP session disconnected every now and then. As for somee, I loved the way I was able to customize my VPS down to the very subtle details.. It's brilliant. I  couldn't find any other provider that allows the same customization level. And prices and performance were great too. But their support was the only thing that made me leave them after less than one week. It ALWAYS takes them six hours or more to respond to your inquiries or support issues. And most of the time, you need more than one iteration of responses to get your issue resolved... Awful support!
11 years ago
Generalisimo wrote:
I have my site running on http://discountasp.net/ since 2011 (back then, I got some free months of service because of installing nopcommerce :) ).
I have recently upgraded everything to Win2012 Servers free of charge to be able to use the NopCommerce 2.8 version... and really, I never had a problem.
I am planning to put a new "bigger" site now based on my experience with my current e-shop.

Just as a general comment. I'm sure everyone is aware that on shared hosting, once you are on a server, you are on that server. That is even the case for Accuwebhosting as well. Your hardware may change but the environment you are on can't change very easily. And if it does, you'll know about it as it is a large migration effort.

We have been providing Windows hosting for a very long time. And even to date, have more sign ups of nopcommerce than before. That means not only people are using it properly but also recommending it. Users that are having issues are generally on the older hardware. Some limitations that we hit with these environment is not that we can't upgrade the ram, it's that the OS doesn't support it. Many of the environments have OSes that can only support 32 GB of Ram. Well, our latest servers (a brand new account) will have 192 GB of ram. And even though we haven't placed new users on our older servers for a year +, the needs of the users on the older servers warrants more memory on the server.

At any point in time, we will provide anybody with a brand new Windows 2012 account on the newer server hardware. What we can't however do is provide the migration for them. Because there are issues that will come up during migration that only the developer or site owner can resolve and at that point, we will be held responsible for making the wrong decision.

There are plans to do mass migrations off of the older hardware. However, a poorly done migration is worst than slow websites. Because at that point websites are not working properly. So we are testing and re-testing the process to make sure it is absolutely perfect.

The above is simply an explanation of what the older users of our systems are experiencing. Sign up for a new softsys, accuwebhosting and Arvixe account today. Do a test. Ours will run faster. It's because you are on the new hardware. You are  comparing our old hardware (which at this point, we have to deal with) to new hardware of another provider. I'm sure Softsys has customers on older hardware as well which are experiencing similar issues.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.