nopCommerce 2.70 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
azzaams wrote:
Hi Andrei,
I am on a shared web space. I do not get any errors, but cannot access admin menus. When checked the web config with arvixe I do not see an option to select. Net 4.5 only 4 is available there?
Thx. Az

If you can open the public store or open the admin area, you have .NET 4.5 installed. There is some other issue with your site
11 years ago
I have a test site running with 2.70 on Arvixe shared hosting. I did a custom theme before and it seems to have problems going from 2.65 to 2.70. Once I removed my custom theme and restarted the website service, it worked without any problem. Now I just need to figure out why my custom theme did not work. It was giving an error related to Razor.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I take it those hosted on Arvixe cannot update? They do not offer .NET 4.5 hosting yet.
All Arvixe servers were upgraded to .NET 4.5 several months ago. What error are you getting? Are getting it on a shared server?

I've not attempted an update yet.  Looks as though 4.5 is still being rolled out though.  My server only had it rolled out 1-2 days ago:

http://forum.arvixe.com/smf/general/asp-net-4-5-support/120/
11 years ago
Not sure about the public site, didnt test it. Soon after I realized the admin panel didnt work. I have checked the Arvixe webhosting config area. Under Extension ASP.NET the highest version listed I am seeing is 4.0 (Classic) and 4.0 (Intergrated). Wouldnt I supposed to see 4.5 there ?

Thanks
AZ

PS: Just checked char's link provided. It seems I will have to choose 4.0 Intergrated. Which I havent tried. I will give it try later today. Thx
11 years ago
azzaams wrote:
Not sure about the public site, didnt test it. Soon after I realized the admin panel didnt work. I have checked the Arvixe webhosting config area. Under Extension ASP.NET the highest version listed I am seeing is 4.0 (Classic) and 4.0 (Intergrated). Wouldnt I supposed to see 4.5 there ?

Thanks
AZ

In the thread I posted above it says the control panel will still show 4.0 for the moment.
11 years ago
Thanks char,
I will give it a try.
AZ
11 years ago
4.5 is an in-place upgrade of 4.0 therefore as per arvixe support if you select 4.0 it means you have 4.5 if your server has been upgraded. This you can check from arvixe support by sending them your server name on which the site is hosted.
11 years ago
char wrote:
I take it those hosted on Arvixe cannot update? They do not offer .NET 4.5 hosting yet.

I am also using Arvixe Hosting. They are not offering .Net 4.5.
They told me to upload the MVC4 files in the bin folder of the applicaiton.
But, they did not upgraded their services to .Net 4.5 (MVC 4).

Malik M. Hashim
11 years ago
rehmansoft wrote:

I am also using Arvixe Hosting. They are not offering .Net 4.5.
They told me to upload the MVC4 files in the bin folder of the applicaiton.
But, they did not upgraded their services to .Net 4.5 (MVC 4).

Malik M. Hashim

It looks like it depends on what hosting you are using with Arvixe. Shared hosting does have .NET 4.5 installed. I have read that the VPS solutions do not. If you are on shared hosting and it doesn't have 4.5, it could be a server specific thing as well.
11 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:
I have read that the VPS solutions do not.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/20618/instructions-how-to-get-your-arvixe-vps-upgraded-to-net-45-to-support-nopcommerce-27.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.