nopCommerce 3.00 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I agree with Fiip, most of the features are not interdependent and can be developed independently. Secondly too many changes at one time will make the code too complex for previous developers and hard to test for bugs in one specific feature. I think that a two release times of 3 months each will be a reasonable choice which will give us the community to test the release and find bugs as multistore and multivendor are huge changes and will need considerable time to remove all bugs.
11 years ago
infiniti wrote:
I agree with Fiip, most of the features are not interdependent and can be developed independently. Secondly too many changes at one time will make the code too complex for previous developers and hard to test for bugs in one specific feature. I think that a two release times of 3 months each will be a reasonable choice which will give us the community to test the release and find bugs as multistore and multivendor are huge changes and will need considerable time to remove all bugs.

My 2 cents:
My feeling is that, as mentioned in previous page, Multi-store, Multi-vendor (which have been highly requested for a long time) and the "Revise product/product-variant logic" task will represent very important changes in the Nop architecture and somehow interdependent. Bundled products is also dependent on the product-variant logic. Azure and web-farm support are interdependent, but as Andrei mentioned it is being developed in parallel by another team. In general, the rest of the work items do not seem to be very time consuming and will be the plus that comes with every version.
I think 6 months wait is worthwhile  for this great package. In general I agree with you and Filip that 3 or 4 months for new releases is adequate.
11 years ago
Agreed. The wait is not an issue, the only point is that this will make debugging very difficult. I like nopC cuz of its incremental nature with which everyone can keep pace. I think we should go for multivendor and multistore first with a few other tasks such as HTML Refactoring and release a version and give it some time to mature and identify issues till the next major release.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,

1. I think it's time to make a better document for developers, now what developers can refer are all "articles" over the internet, we do need a well-organized document for developers or system admins.

2. support other non-MS databases, e.g. mySQL;

3. performance - always imprtant.
11 years ago
eadameg wrote:
I think 6 months wait is worthwhile  for this great package. In general I agree with you and Filip that 3 or 4 months for new releases is adequate.

Actually my initial estimate for 3.00 release was 3-4 months. But I still did not completely investigate these tasks. Maybe, there will some bottlenecks and complex parts which will take a lot of time. 5-6 months are the maximum amount of time required to finish the version. I'll be able to announce more accurate ETA in several weeks.
11 years ago
nopDev wrote:
I think it's time to make a better document for developers, now what developers can refer are all "articles" over the internet, we do need a well-organized document for developers or system admins.

For example? Please provide a list topics/articles which you would like to see
11 years ago
I actually like the longer time between releases and 3.0 will be a major release.  The time between 2.7 and 2.8 really short.
11 years ago
i prefer to have version 2.90 soon with small things fixed.
11 years ago
a couple of suggestions to improve the cms:

in the catalog - to make te product names, product variant names, manufacturers, categories and etc. as a links: it`s pretty annoying to go and click "edit" button every time.

if possible - to add some important details (as a price and maybe sku) to the product page itself when there is only one product variant (currently you have to enter product variant in order just to edit price - this is a real complain about it from my customers.)
11 years ago
olga_zov wrote:
a couple of suggestions to improve the cms:

in the catalog - to make te product names, product variant names, manufacturers, categories and etc. as a links: it`s pretty annoying to go and click "edit" button every time.

if possible - to add some important details (as a price and maybe sku) to the product page itself when there is only one product variant (currently you have to enter product variant in order just to edit price - this is a real complain about it from my customers.)

Included in the road map for 3.0
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.