Smartstore violates nopCommerce license terms!!! Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hey, this is really a great news to learn that nopCommerce won the lawsuit. Congratulations!
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE: And here we go. The court announced its decision today. We won! Right, it's over! Flawless Victory! Instead of just returning "powered by nopcommerce”, SmartStore AG is not allowed to distribute SmartStore anymore.

Your interpretation of the court decision is quite awkward. We must adhere to the GPLv3 license instead of LGPL. Not a word about NPL or forcing us to use your logo. SmartStore.NET 2.1 will have GPLv3 in conclusion.

a.m. wrote:
...And they also have to pay us ALL service and support fees they got since they offer SmartStore.

But only in your dreams.

a.m. wrote:
Of course, SmartStore can go to the next court instance. Let's see whether they will do it.

Of course we will. Now it's our turn! A higher court will deal with the issue now.

a.m. wrote:
They can try to delay court results this way.

No, absolutely not! We yearn for a final word. But the only decision(s) we could accept are: "put the damn logo into the footer", OR, "do whatever you want".

a.m. wrote:
But they should not do it if they want to get a chance for some deal with us.

There won't be a "friendly" deal as long as I work here. You and your pals played too rude and unfair during the trial, without waiting for a court result. You cannot have both!

a.m. wrote:
I understand that this court decision can completely kill this company.

No, it won't, believe me! :-))))))))

a.m. wrote:
We do not want it. We also do not want to harm existing users of SmartStore.

You're a very kind person ;-)

a.m. wrote:
nopCommerce and SmartStore could collaborate. Let's wait and see whether SmartStore wants it.

Like I said... NO!
9 years ago
muratcakir wrote:

nopCommerce and SmartStore could collaborate. Let's wait and see whether SmartStore wants it.

Like I said... NO!

Herr Murat Cakir,

mir fällt dazu nur eins ein.

Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE: And here we go. The court announced its decision today....

These are really great news.

Andrei: please accept my public recognition for your courage and tenacity. A year ago in private I advised you that this dispute could take a lot of time, money and efforts and you did took it assuming all risks and cost. Congratulations!!
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
UPDATE: And here we go. The court announced its decision today. We won! Right, it's over! Flawless Victory!

Congratulations!  Way to go Andrei, this is great news.
9 years ago
Congratulations Andrei!
(It was inevitable :)
9 years ago
Murat is awesome funny... :-)
9 years ago
craig.smith wrote:

Did both parties attend court?

Do you also have a doubt those guys are real ? : ))
9 years ago
craig.smith wrote:
Did both parties attend court?

It was only once several months ago. This time (July 17th) nobody attended the court. I personally did not attend it. There was no such need
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,

What are the customers of SmatStore going to do? Many customers are confused and you get no reply by SmartStore.
Can you continue working with the software when they insert the copyright?
The customer should not suffer from the inability of SmartStore.

Frank
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.