Using Kendo UI legal?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
GreatAdventure.ca wrote:
1. What about changing NopCommerce license and move away from open source?

or

2. Two versions of NopCommerce. Paid version to continue using Kendo, and a stripped down version?

Definitely not a way to go
9 years ago
I maintain a license of Dev Craft Complete now.  Perhaps all those like me who have commercial licenses that use this platform email Telerik to apply pressure on them...after all, folks who pay for Telerik keep the kendo "lights on" as it is.

Feels like were at a cross roads for sure.  I will say...using the professional version of Kendo with mvc html helper extensions makes my life so easy.  Its a shame we can't leverage the helper extensions in the open source version.
9 years ago
Hello everyone.

Can i use the the telerik grid in the public store. I want to display the orders in the public store in the telerik grid as our orders are in large number. so i need paging functionality which is available in grid-view only.
9 years ago
martinsandi wrote:
Can i use the the telerik grid in the public store. I want to display the orders in the public store in the telerik grid as our orders are in large number. so i need paging functionality which is available in grid-view only.

Yes, you can use  Kendo UI Web Open Source licensed under GPL v3 License (now shipped by nopCommerce)
9 years ago
Andrei.

That will be helpful to know the NopCommerce next steps according to Kendo UI.
Is any plans to change Kendo for something else or NopCommerce going to continue to use Kendo UI Web?

Thanks.
9 years ago
kaunuk wrote:
Andrei.

That will be helpful to know the NopCommerce next steps according to Kendo UI.
Is any plans to change Kendo for something else or NopCommerce going to continue to use Kendo UI Web?

Thanks.

Hi Vadim,

still thinking about it
9 years ago
Hello Andrei

I want to use telerik components like calendar, grid-view, etc in public store. I am a developer, so u can hint me a little that i can do it, or should i have to take the premium support to complete the task.
9 years ago
martinsandi wrote:
Hello Andrei

I want to use telerik components like calendar, grid-view, etc in public store. I am a developer, so u can hint me a little that i can do it, or should i have to take the premium support to complete the task.

Hello,

If you need some help from the communty, then you can use forums. If you need dediacated help from the official team, then have a look at the premium support services. But please note that KendoUI is a third-party product, and if you need help with some quite complex task related to KendoUI (not nopCommerce), then I would recommend you looking at the KendoUI support from Telerik team. But 99% of cases our premium support covers help with questions related to KendoUI

P.S. Please post all questions not related to the original one in new topics. Your one is not related to the original one
9 years ago
Hi Andrey,
is there are some new regarding usage of Kendo UI?
9 years ago
olga_zov wrote:
Hi Andrey,
is there are some new regarding usage of Kendo UI?

Hi Olga,

No.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.