nopCommerce 3.70 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
emumanu wrote:
Hello,

please add a Hidden Input AttributeControlType.

I'm making some custom changes to support contact lenses. A contact lense can have 6 product attributes, each one with a lot of options (radius, diameter, power, etc.) However, there are subtle rules involved in the attributes that don't let me use the attribute combinations as they are: I can have up to 300.000 different combinations but not all of them are applicable so I had to implement a rule engine to evaluate what attribute values to show after selecting an attribute.

My implementation uses new classes for the rules and the attributes but fits nicely on the of NopCommerce so when a customer selects all attribute values for the contact lenses, I save the correct SKU in an ProductAttribute that I'm not showing, and the final attribute combination in another ProductAttribute that I'm not showing either (f.e. Radius=+8,60; Power=-08,25; Diameter=+14,20...). This way when a customer adds the product to the cart the SKU and Description attributes are popullated properly as my classes are just for showing nested dropdownlists with values based on rules. Currently I'm using ProductAttributes of type TextBox but I had to change ~/Views/Product/_ProductAttributes.cshtml to support hiding ProductAttributes. If you can add a Hidden Input control type for ProductAttributes I don't have to change anything in the core.

Thank you very much

Why not generate your SKU when adding the product to the cart?
8 years ago
Will the feature Buy 2 Get 1 Free or Buy 3 Get 1 Free etc be available in nop 3.70

Thanks

Steve
8 years ago
Regarding the buy 2 get 3 feature, a while ago I created a "punch card" plugin for nop. Basically it allowed to configure some products to have a punch card similar to coffee shops, where for every purchase, a stamp is marked on the card and when the card is full, you get a free product. A logged in customer would see the punch card with the right number of the stamps.
It's supposed to increase customer fidelity.
It also added the offer message in the category and product page, like "Buy 10 and get 1 free!".

Screen shot

If there is interest I can complete it (better administration and so on).
8 years ago
AndyMcKenna wrote:

Why not generate your SKU when adding the product to the cart?

Well,

as every time I select a value from a dropdownlist I have to make an ajax call to check the rules and get all options obeying the rules, when there's only one option I know the SKU there, so I found more natural to return it from the Ajax call and update the attribute using javascript. That way I don't have to touch the ShoppingCartController at all.
8 years ago
Hi
Is there an estimation of when the 3.7 version will be released? I ask because I really need to upgrade and need to know whether to wait to the 3.7. Thanks all.
8 years ago
Sure. Please see the original post:
Estimate release time - November-December 2015 (5-6 months).
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Sure. Please see the original post:
Estimate release time - November-December 2015 (5-6 months).

Cant wait on 3.70 :)
8 years ago
when you plan relase 3.70 version?
8 years ago
mateuszherc wrote:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/36603/nopcommerce-370-roadmap-and-estimated-release-date-lets-discuss.aspx?p=10#154334
8 years ago
mateuszherc wrote:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/36603/nopcommerce-370-roadmap-and-estimated-release-date-lets-discuss.aspx?p=10#154334
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.