nopCommerce 1.8 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I guess I need to hook up 4 projects
Nop for eCommerce
YAF for forum
Umbraco for CMS
GSPro for gallery

That would be so much fun ;-)
13 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
I notice you mentioned an improved cms experience. Maybe I can help?

Why reinvent the wheel? Why new integrate an existing cms into the application?

I know, you may be saying "woa, that would be a nightmare though!" With n2cms though, its not. I have dont integrations with nopcommerce and n2cms before and the end user never knows that there is a whole other application integrated into it.

I have created a project (code written allready) that has integrated the cms, as well with all the nop modules, and more. There are product list modules (for discounts, most sold, and any other), and etc. Even pages with a dynamic url, (product.aspx) can be mapped to one particular cms page, which allows you to add parts to the product page and be made visible on all other products.

n2cms is very lightweight and upgrades are easy. only .dll's and an /N2/ folder. The entire editor is modular (current one uses iframes), so we can create pages in the nop admin that has a nested iframe loading an /n2/ page.

What do you think?

i have used N2, and it's a new growing CMS project yet need many features as it's very basic but yes it's very lightweight with a good front end and admin section..
13 years ago
bhiers wrote:
I guess I need to hook up 4 projects
Nop for eCommerce
YAF for forum
Umbraco for CMS
GSPro for gallery

That would be so much fun ;-)

I am not sure if you can integrate 4 different projects together

I remember Skiltz on this forum is working on integration of Umbraco with nopCommerce : http://skiltzonnet.blogspot.com/2010/04/nopcommerce-and-umbraco.html

But  still i think integrating 4 different applications together is not feasible and even if it is , it will require lot of work. Usually integrating 2 different applications require a lot of work and 4 is just way too much

Still Let's assume you somehow managed to integrate 4 applications together, now you will not be able to apply updates from each one.

Last month even i was thinking to integrate YAF with nopCommerce but then i though the time i will spend on integrating these 2 applications, In that much time i can add all the features of YAF into nopCommerce forum section.

But we all nopCommerce community members could work on separate integration projects with nopCommerce and post it as a contribution for nopCommerce community...
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
theonlylawislove wrote:
I notice you mentioned an improved cms experience. Maybe I can help?

Why reinvent the wheel? Why new integrate an existing cms into the application?

I know, you may be saying "woa, that would be a nightmare though!" With n2cms though, its not. I have dont integrations with nopcommerce and n2cms before and the end user never knows that there is a whole other application integrated into it.

I have created a project (code written allready) that has integrated the cms, as well with all the nop modules, and more. There are product list modules (for discounts, most sold, and any other), and etc. Even pages with a dynamic url, (product.aspx) can be mapped to one particular cms page, which allows you to add parts to the product page and be made visible on all other products.

n2cms is very lightweight and upgrades are easy. only .dll's and an /N2/ folder. The entire editor is modular (current one uses iframes), so we can create pages in the nop admin that has a nested iframe loading an /n2/ page.

What do you think?

i have used N2, and it's a new growing CMS project yet need many features as it's very basic but yes it's very lightweight with a good front end and admin section..

2.0 was released not to long ago. It is now a project worth evangelizing about. With workflows, versioning, and being 100%  extensible.

What features are missing? Why don't you think it is mature?
13 years ago
kingboyk wrote:
You can't leave this feature half baked just because somebody in the future might want to use some online service that doesn't exist yet.

It's implemented quite well. In order simplify tax rate confgiuration we'll improve "Fixed tax rate" provider to allow store owner to specify a tax rate for each of existing tax categories.
13 years ago
Regarding VAT number I think that that it should stay at the address level not at client level.what  if a client has 2 EU companies with 2 VAT numbers?
Speaking about address table I’m thinking it needs a little refactoring:
Nop_Address ([[AddressId],[FaxNumber] ,[PhoneNumber]  ,[Email]   ,[Address1]   ,[Address2]   ,[City]  ,[StateProvinceID]   ,[ZipPostalCode]  ,[CountryID]  ,[CreatedOn]  ,[UpdatedOn])
New tables:
Nop_Company([CustomerID]  ,[Name], [IsBilling],[VatNumber] , [AddressId] ,[CreatedOn]  ,[UpdatedOn])
Nop_Person([CustomerID], [FirstName]   ,[LastName], [IsBilling], [AddressId] ,[CreatedOn]  ,[UpdatedOn])

Regards,
paliktar
13 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:

2.0 was released not to long ago. It is now a project worth evangelizing about. With workflows, versioning, and being 100%  extensible.

What features are missing? Why don't you think it is mature?

Hi there,

Well as i said i have used N2 and i am very impressed with the user-friendly interface of front end and specially back - end.
I have also seen the API of N2, and it's very easy to understand and very straight forward. This project is very small in size which make it very good speed-wise.
What i meant by "it need many new features" - i mean if you notice N2, most of the features (like adding new pages, news section, poll questions etc)  are already available in nopCommerce Project (with bonus blog and forum section ).

I completely agree with you that N2 is 100% extensible but i guess we should wait until N2 becomes strong enough as N2 is very new and every project when it's new have lot of bugs etc, i remember when nopCommerce started there were lot of bugs but with every new version, nopCommerce team fixed most of the bugs. It's just that integrating 2 different applications is not a 1min process, it takes lot of time so spending time on such a new application should be worth while. That's what i meant that it will be very soon to integrate nopCommerce with N2.

but yes i am totally with you that N2 is a very good project.
13 years ago
Will the following items from Codeplex be included in 1.8?

Canonical Url Tag
[url="http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8731"]http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8731[/url]

Extensionless URL
[url="http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7721"]http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7721[/url]

Forum / Blog/ News / Comment Preview Button
[url="http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8379"]http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8379[/url]
13 years ago
Hide Price if $0.00 separate for the hide price to non-registers.

Like ABC_12345 say in the discussion "https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5281/hide-price-if-zero.aspx"  

<Quote

This is an important feature which should be added in nopCommerce, it would be great if nopCommerce Team adds this feature in 1.8 version in such a way that if price is 0 then it should display a text box and admin can write the message to appear instead of price as price is 0.>
13 years ago
Dear Andrei

I’m a bit concerned about the implementation of the EU VAT. As I follow the discussion between Andrei and kingboyk I get the impression that are some doubts of the Nop 1.8 implementation will cover the legislation from EU completely.

I not and expert and don’t play one on TV, but I know the fines for not doing business by the legislation from the EU are heavy and that I can’t afford to take any risk on this subject.

In The Netherlands we have 4 VAT tax levels – 0%, 6%, 19% and 0% for EU outside The Netherlands. And those levels are not the same as in UK or Germany. Is this been implemented in way that I can manage this in easy way?

Maybe it would be a good idea to let someone with expertise on the subject matter look at the implementation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.