nopCommerce 1.8 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
kingboyk wrote:
...With regards to the VAT, I see you've wired it in to the tax manager itself rather than use a seperate provider which is fine...
...the way I did this was to add a VAT rate to the tax category and make sure each product is assigned a tax category...
...most products in a cart will be at standard rate but some may be zero rate (in the UK that includes common items such as books). There's no certainty that we can apply a fixed 17.5% to the entire cart. Because of this it may actually be better to use the provider I submitted...

Thanks again for this contribution. But in this case you're limited to the certain provider. nopCommerce implementation allows you to use any tax rate provider that you want.

kingboyk wrote:
I see you're calling the web service to check the VAT number each time there is a purchase

No, it's called when VAT number is submitted

kingboyk wrote:
but I liked as store admin the ability to be able to accept or reject a number and manually check

A store owner can manually enable/disable VAT number

kingboyk wrote:
Actually I can't see any UI infrastructure for VAT so maybe you didn't get round to that yet.

Go to tax setting page (admin area) and ensure that "VAT support" is checked. Company VAT number could be entered during registration and on customer details page
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Could you please elaborate in what prospective you are going to increase forum functionality ?  By adding what kind of features ?

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8189
13 years ago
patrick24601 wrote:
Is multistore still a ways off ? `
How about a web service project ?

These features will not be available in the next release
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
kingboyk wrote:
...With regards to the VAT, I see you've wired it in to the tax manager itself rather than use a seperate provider which is fine...
...the way I did this was to add a VAT rate to the tax category and make sure each product is assigned a tax category...
...most products in a cart will be at standard rate but some may be zero rate (in the UK that includes common items such as books). There's no certainty that we can apply a fixed 17.5% to the entire cart. Because of this it may actually be better to use the provider I submitted...

Thanks again for this contribution. But in this case you're limited to the certain provider. nopCommerce implementation allows you to use any tax rate provider that you want.

Why would you want to use a different provider if you're in the EU and charging VAT Andrei?!

In this situation all we need to do is check that VAT is chargeable (which I did in the provider, and which you do in TaxManager - no problem there) and then charge the correct VAT rate for each product in the cart. There's no provider already there that can do that as far as I know.

Let's say I have in my cart:
A book (Zero-rate)
A hard disc (Standard rate)
Some VAT exempt product

We need to charge (in the UK, right now http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/rates.htm) 0% on the book and the VAT exempt product, and 17.5% on the hard disc and the shipping. So far as I know, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, none of the NopCommerce tax providers can do that.

All you need to do is add a VAT rate to the tax categories and implement a trimmed down version of the VAT Provider. It's simple to use and configure and it does the job it's designed for.
13 years ago

A store owner can manually enable/disable VAT number

Is there a web service button in the admin area so the admin can check the web service results manually? (i.e. http://nopdemo.gloucestersoftware.com/Administration/CustomerDetails.aspx?CustomerID=37 I couldn't see such a thing in 1.8 but only had a quick look at the code :)
13 years ago
for 1.8 could we have shipping by qunaity i think this would be an awsome feature im strugling to implement this at the minutie it kinda works like prices breaks but its for shipping instead of cost?

We've prepared a roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (1.80). It contains features/options that were in-demand from a lot fo people. Estimate release time - the beginning of September.

already implemented:
- RMA (return management)
- The European Union Value Added Tax (EU VAT) support (Company VAT Number)
- Display all applied tax rates (e.g. 7%, 15%) on shopping cart and order details page (configurable)
- "Estimate shipping" option on shopping cart page
- Allow store owner to view all online customers
- Use ASP.NET Chart control for reports
- Backorder support
- Option to display to customers the quantity of a particular product which is in stock
- Physical gift card support
- Allow store owner to view all existing shopping carts on a single page
- Allow store owner to manage newsletter subscription list
- Allow store owner to import subscriber list
- New discount requirement - applies if customer has previously spent x.xx amount
- New checkout/product attribute control type - DatePicker
- Allow store owner to create password protected pages (password potected topics)
- SMS provider model and new email SMS provider (Verizon)
- Allow store owner to submit froogle feed via FTP
- Allow store owner to enable currency rate auto updating
- Allow store owner to select preferred exchange rate provider
- Allow users to manage their forum subscriptions
- Allow store owner to disable URL ReWriting
- A lot of other minor enhancements

still working on:
- Allow store owner to create an order via admin panel
- Partial refund support
- Google Analytics integration
- Better CMS support
- Improve one-page checkout to work without postbacks
- Increased forum functionality
- More pluggable architecture
- Performance optimization
13 years ago
kingboyk wrote:
Why would you want to use a different provider if you're in the EU and charging VAT Andrei?!

Because a store owner could want to implement and use one of the online Europe tax providers (similar to Strike Iron Basic in USA).

kingboyk wrote:
So far as I know, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, none of the NopCommerce tax providers can do that

"Tax By Country & State" can do that if it's properly configured

kingboyk wrote:
Is there a web service button in the admin area so the admin can check the web service results manually?

No
13 years ago
Andrei could you please create a work item (in codeplex) for increasing blog functionality so that we all can vote for this feature and according to the requirement/demand this feature can be added in 1.8 version?

For required blog feastures, please refer to this post:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/4883/better-blog-features.aspx
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Andrei could you please create a work item (in codeplex) for increasing blog functionality so that we all can vote for this feature and according to the requirement/demand this feature can be added in 1.8 version?

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8855
13 years ago
Thank you Andrei ,,You're the best !!!!!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.