nopCommerce 1.90 is coming in 14 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
super wrote:
thank you nopcommerce team.

Can anyone tell me how to use these things :

- How customer do the return request ? how it works ?
I want to test :
•  Email a store owner when a customer makes a return request
•  Email a customer after return request state change

- How "Preselect a shipping method and payment method" is different from existing version and how it works ?

- What is the difference between :  (Export newsletter subscriptions - export all / export active) - how active is different from all ?

Bump ? Anyone ?
13 years ago
The configuration page for "Fixed Rate Shipping" has incorrect header text for the shipping methods column.

In file Administration\Shipping\FixedRateConfigure\ConfigureShipping.ascx

line 8:    
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Tax category" ItemStyle-Width="50%">
should be:    
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Shipping Method" ItemStyle-Width="50%">

13 years ago
Reward points

(a) When reward points are greater than sub total then still payment methods are being displayed and asks the customer to select it which is GOOD. But when customer selects the payment method and order is completed. In the order invoice, the payment method is empty and doesn't show which payment method was selected by the customer which makes the displaying payment methods in the checkout process in this situation useless.

Here's the order invoice in admin section (No payment method is being displayed): http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6006/adminorder.jpg

Here's the order details (customer's account > order details) "No Payment Method is being displayed" - http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/863/customerorder.jpg

Even in PDF no payment method is being displayed.

(b) Technically from the store owner's prospective even if any customer is having lot of reward points and his reward points money is more than the order total. Then also when a customer selects the payment method, the payment method SHOULD ask for the payment credentials. Like if customer select credit card, the checkout process SHOULD ask credit card details, etc. But it should display a message along with it saying that "As your rewards points are greater - you won't be charged or your credit card won't be charged). In this situation, only problem will be the paypal method, when $0 is order total, will it navigate the user to paypal website or not.

Credit Card Encryption

When any customer make any payment by credit card on the website, the store owner is able to see the credit card credentials from the admin section. But, what if any customer type incorrect credit card details and then calls the store owner to correct the credit card details in the order.

In this situation, the store will go to admin section > order > order details "Edit Credit Card"

But the moment store owner will save the changes in credit card details, the credit card number becomes encrypted and is being displayed like this : http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1544/creditcardencry.jpg

Now every store owner has got different process / time lines of billing , what if store owner bills / charge all order at the end of week / month. Now when store owner will try to see the order details and take the credit card details - HE WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT because credit card details are encrypted. In addition to that for future records also (like monthly billing etc) the store owner won't be able to see the credit card details.

In database the credit card details are encrypted which is good (by which store owner can't get credit card details from database also). So in these situations store owner has to contact customer again for credit card details, now what if customer doesn't remember which credit card he/she used for that specific order or doesn't use that credit card anymore ? This encryption of credit card number/details can cause so much complications for any store owner as there is no way to get the credit card details.

It's could cause big issues when store owner is handling 100s of orders. I really think in admin section credit card details should not be displayed as encrypted data - as HOW admin will keep record or will be able to see credit card details ?

Refund Amount from the order

If any order is played by any customer. For any reason if store owner wants to give the customer a partial refund. The partial refund is not being documented / kept as record in any of the order invoice.

Here's how it looks like from the admin section when partial refund is made: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8075/refundadmin.jpg

Now no record is being displayed on the customer's invoice (account > order details) that the refund was made by the store admin: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/922/refundcustomer.jpg

No record of refund is being reflected on the PDF invoice: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4061/refundpdf.jpg

Only a order note is being created in the database which is not even VISIBLE to the customer and store owner can't make is visible as there is no option to make any order note visible (that has already been created/generated): http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/744/refunderordernote.jpg

PDF Order Note

In all settings we have :
PDFInvoice.RenderOrderNotes  False

I think this should be available in Global Settings also for the convenience of store owner.

Hard Coded Values

In highlights of 1.9version , it is mentioned that "Removed several hard-coded styles"

But still left padding value is hard coded in category navigation here:

Modules\CategoryNavigation

protected void CreateChildMenu(List<Category> breadCrumb, int rootCategoryId, Category currentCategory, int level)
        {
            int padding = level++ * 15;
            foreach (var category in this.CategoryService.GetAllCategoriesByParentCategoryId(rootCategoryId))
            {

The value 15 should be mentioned in css or in all settings to avoid re-compilation of project

Same with maximum number of "Popular Product Tags" and "Blog Tags" (should be available in "All Settings" - Andrei, I think you already created work item for tags.

Suggestion:

In highlights of 1.9version it is mentioned  "Forums. Relative date format support (option to display 'Today, Yesterday, 1 month ago...')"

I think this feature should be used in a drop down menu for filtering forum posts of any user (in the profile page) as it displayed all the posts and there is no option / feature if anyone wants to see what he/she posted last week or last month .
For filtering forum posts - there should be a drop down menu in which we can select Period:

something like this: Period:
Dropdown options:

Show All
Newer than 1 week
Newer than 1 month
Newer than 6 months
Newer than 1 year

The current (new) feature proposed for 1.9version doesn't actually display the correct time. If the post is 1 month old or above , it only displays 1 month ago or 2 months ago, doesn't say which day of month or what time.

This feature of displaying posting time  - should be customized because it only looks better for 1 day but it actually doesn't display the exact time or day of the post. It should work something like this:

If post was posted before 24hours or 1 day - the time should be like this: 2 hour 25 min ago or 23 hours 50min ago

Once the time laps crosses 24 hours or 1 day , it should display the date and time in standard format or something like November 24th 2010.

(P.S. Andrei, is there any chance to work out something for order status issue in 1.9version ? Here someone is facing problem: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7529/pending-order-status.aspx)
13 years ago
The following is a fix for the above post by abcd_12345 about credit cards in order details for the manual processing payment method.

In file Administration\Modules\OrderDetails.ascx.cs

line 162
  this.lblCardNumber.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(cardNumberDecrypted);

should be:
  this.lblCardNumber.Text = this.PaymentService.GetMaskedCreditCardNumber(cardNumberDecrypted);

and line 916 in btnSaveCC_Click should be deleted as it is setting a masked credit card number as the credit card number:
  order.CardNumber = SecurityHelper.Encrypt(this.PaymentService.GetMaskedCreditCardNumber(cardNumber));
This will show the masked credit card number in the order details and show the actual number when "Edit credit card" button is clicked, which I believe is the intended behavior. The CVV2 field should probably also be masked on the order details page and shown only on edit since it is also a sensitive field.

13 years ago
Hello mb,

Thanks for your comments and the fix you provided above.

I am aware of the fact that credit card details is a sensitive data which is being stored in the database as encrypted data which is good. But i believe in admin section > order details, the credit card details should not be masked for the convenience of store owner.

Making credit card details as "masked" is only creating a situation where store has to struggle to get the payment details.

If masked credit card details could be viewed on the click even of "Edit Button", what if the moment store owner clicks the Edit Button to get/view the details, by mistake a number key is pressed on the keyboard and save button is clicked accidentally by the store owner ? Now there is no way to get the credit card details and store owner has to call the customer to get all the payment details once again which i personally think is not feasible in an online business.

I think 2 things could be done in order to overcome this issue:

1) Credit card numbers (payment details) should not be displayed as masked data and should appear as it is (as normal number) so that store owner can easily get the details without making any extra efforts.

2) If no matter what credit card details needs to be displayed as encrypted / masked data, then an extra 3rd button should be added that will say "View Card Details". So that store owner can click on the View Button and get the credit card details for billing purpose. (That button will display all credit card details in a small popup window)

In addition to that, whenever a customer checks the order details from his/her account - The account invoice should display masked credit card number with last 4 digits visible so that customer can keep a record which credit card he/she used for the order.

Same thing should be added in PDF invoice too "Optional" (configurable from admin section because few store owners would like to display last 4 digits of credit card and few would not)

I think all these things will improve order details section of nopCommerce project.
13 years ago
İng:

I fully understand the products, product inserts s foreign exchange rates, while the user will know this is a very important option for version 1.9 as far as I read this there seems to me that it would be better added to an e-mail or browse [email protected] ...

Tr:
ben tam olarak anladım ürün ekler ken kur ları yani ürünlerin kurlarını kullanıcı sece bilecek bu çok önemli okuduğum kadarı ile 1.9 versiyon da bu var gözüküyor bunun icin bana mail atın [email protected] yoksa eklenirse daha iyi olur
http://www.guvenlikcim.com
13 years ago
İng:

sorting products, such as a page on the main page 10 -100 option is better as a programmer so I'm missing you and finds the user started to write more ..)

Tr:
ana sayfada ürünleri sıralarken bir sayfada 10 -100 gibi secenek daha iyi olur ben size kullanıcı hem yazılımcı olarak cok eksik bulur daha başladım yazmaya ..)
http://www.guvenlikcim.com
13 years ago
Hi, just a quick review for one page checkout.

If i try to checkout and will go all the steps down that’s fine. So the problem persist if I'm in payment or any other box and I want to change something above I will press the modify button, but after that I need to go all the steps down again. Any possibility to make modify buttons active for the steps I already completed?
13 years ago
Hele Şükür Bir Türk Buldum Yorum Yapan Eksikleri Anlatmak Zor Olur Sence?
13 years ago
itsdt ()
tufekiler wrote:
Hele Şükür Bir Türk Buldum Yorum Yapmak Eksikleri Anlatmak Zor Olur Sence?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.