TrendyShoes1.90.1 is updating products (WARNING: avoid www.osshop.com)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Thanks so much!! it's working well now!

has anyone heard from larry lately. I must say im nervous to say the least that by the time nop 2.0 comes around I hope trendy shoes is on the cards still!
13 years ago
I think I found a bug. It is visible on the demo site as well.

When I use IE8, and go to my website, add an item, go to the shopping cart, and click the "Checkout" button, it takes forever to load (sometimes over 60 seconds). It happens for anonymous and logged in users.

I noticed that once in awhile it will load fast. But if I go back, add a product, view the shopping cart, then click on "Checkout", it will take a long time too. I counted and it took almost a minute.

This only happens when I use IE8...I didn't try other IE versions. This doesn't happen in FireFox though.

If you want to reproduce this, just go to the demo site (http://13dects191.noptemplate.com/default.aspx), add products, go to the shopping cart, and click on the "Checkout" button. If it loads fast, go add another item, then go to the shopping cart, and click "Checkout". Usually after then 2nd or 3rd time, it will take over a minute to load.
13 years ago
if larry would actually reply to anything anyone is saying it would seriously help...

with nop moving forward to the new versions I can only hope that he's around to port trendy shoes over.. noone has heard anything from him in a long time and we've all paid good money with little to no return.. i must say im worried..
13 years ago
Yeah, that's too bad there is virtually no support. I just found out that the template isn't compatible under IE9 either. A lot of stuff doesn't work when using Internet Explorer 9.
13 years ago
This http://www.osshop.biz/ (Trendy shoes) sourcecode has many bugs and engine working very slow. We fixed many bugs, but engine is too very slow, so i recomend you to work with original sourcecode.
Larry is always offline or busy and ignore any message.
osshop.biz - not have any support.
13 years ago
Hi Netcraft..
Yeah I totally understand what you mean..

I REALLY just want an ajax cart.. i don't care about the rest of the trendy shoes functionality.. I would just LOVE an ajax cart to use with nop commerce.. magento has one, lemonstand has one, shopify has one.. I really wish this would be a nop 2.0 feature..

I am VERY dissapointed that Larry can take all these people's money and provide no support, no performance improvements, no communication..

for most people the amount of money isn't that much... but for me it translated to $600 in my local currency and that is not a small amount.. I am happy to have paid the amount.. but for that kind of money i would've expected support.. a way of contacting someone to get support etc..

I would love if larry would release modules.. i.e. buy ajax cart only.. not the whole theme.. and then develop the ajax cart for version 2 and ongoign versions.. maybe he bit off more than he could realistically take on..
13 years ago
I can conclude the following:

1. You can wait up to one month before your order is complete (more info here)
2. Larry (osshop.biz) doesn't provide any support (you'll never get a reply)
3. His source code has a lot of bugs

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH this guy. It's a shame.
13 years ago
Hi Andrei,
are there any plans to include some kind of ajax based cart?

I'm really keen on the feature as it means users don't have to leave their product browsing experience to go to the cart page and then jump back..

Even if it was a commercial add-on I could see it being very popular.. to be honest it was the only feature of trendy shoes I really thought worked well..

Would you happen to know of any core plans or anyone in the community that would have a feature rich version of the cart suitable for production?
Cheers,
Tom
13 years ago
thomen wrote:
Hi Andrei,

I'm really keen on the feature as it means users don't have to leave their product browsing experience to go to the cart page and then jump back..

Even if it was a commercial add-on I could see it being very popular.. to be honest it was the only feature of trendy shoes I really thought worked well..

Would you happen to know of any core plans or anyone in the community that would have a feature rich version of the cart suitable for production?
Cheers,
Tom

I'd like to build up one :D
13 years ago
thomen wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Hi Tom,
Sure, we'll be working on more and more user-friendly UI.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.